PDA

View Full Version : Sony STR-DA5200ES Receiver has Same Menus as PSP and PS3

wraggster
September 7th, 2006, 01:36
Via Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/sony-strda5200es-receiver-has-pspps3-menus-198945.php)

John Falcone, lone-star-gadget-sherriff at CNET, tips us off to his exclusive look at this Sony A/V receiver that uses, of all things, an onscreen PSP/PS3 Interface. The point? To let people configure the labels on inputs to say non-Sony things like Xbox, and make configuring the 7.1 channel monster by moving around icons, rather than dealing with the monstrous multi buttoned remotes and front panels on today's home theater schwag. Schweet.

The HDMI capable, multi-room receiver will go for less than $2,000. It'll upconvert analog and digital sources to HD resolutions. And the interface will keep us cozy while we pretend its a Playstation 3, since we won't get our mitts on those for a long time.

Screen Via Comments

Pumped'Up
September 7th, 2006, 01:57
cool...this must be awesome...as is the price. ;)

gotmilk0112
September 7th, 2006, 02:48
under 2k??! thats MESSED!

but for $$$$$ony, under 2k probably means 1,999$ lol.

just like on DDR Extreme for ps2, it says:
"65+ Songs!" and there are 70 songs lol. :eek:

DragonPimpsta
September 7th, 2006, 03:58
thats interesting... for some reason i make me wonder if sony will release software to change ur flash memory in the future, like they will come out with customization features like XFlash lets u do, but like 500x safer or somethihng... That'd be cool, cuz then if like someone with the firmware with that feature messed something up in flash memory there'd prolly be like a recovery feature or something.. ImJust a Random Noob Coming Up with Ideas, thumbs up with you want to quote me and not say "your a noob" or something :D

b8a
September 7th, 2006, 14:26
That menu really isn't that similar to the PSP's!!! They whole XMB thing has been implemented in a lot of their products, but this implementation is still hardly reminiscent of the PSP or even the PS3 preview picks!!