PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden 2 confirmed for 360?

wraggster
September 7th, 2006, 17:53
DoA creator Tomonobu Itagaki sort-of-confirms a Ninja' sequel heading for Xbox 360

Dead or Alive's creator Tomonobu Itagaki has given hope to fans anticipating a next-gen Ninja Gaiden, with hints that an Xbox 360 instalment is already under construction.

Speaking to IGN about the Xbox 360's multi-threaded architecture, Itagaki dropped a hint that the next-gen Ninja' sequel is on the way: "if you're working on a game like Ninja Gaiden 2, where it's really important that enemies are smart and challenging, then we might use up to two threads on AI," he said.

When asked outright about Ninja Gaiden 2, Itagaki responded: "I won't upset anybody by denying your expectations. I like to see people's expectations fulfilled." So that's a yes then.

Excellent news for 'Gaiden fans then, but gamers looking forward to Sony's next-gen console could also be in for some Tecmo loving. When asked if he would consider developing for the PS3, Itagaki responded by saying: "I think the most important thing is for people to have good games that they want to play on good hardware, so if there is a demand for it, we may follow that path some time in the future."

"Obviously, we are big supporters of the Xbox platform," he added.

Hopefully we'll get more of an idea on what Tecmo's up to after the Tokyo Game Show at the end of this month. Stay tuned for more Gaiden goodness.

MasterChafed
September 8th, 2006, 02:44
This is wonderful news, cannot wait.

JKKDARK
September 8th, 2006, 17:23
it is a great game :)