PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry heading for PSP slashing

wraggster
September 7th, 2006, 17:56
Dante is unsheathing his sword and heading for a PSP slash-em-up, Capcom reveals

With the first Devil May Cry 4 info starting to trickle out of Capcom's Japanese fortress, Dante and his slash 'em-up action series are hot in our minds at the moment. But, thanks to a note on the company's Japanese website, it looks like the half-devil hero isn't just heading for the PS3, but Sony's slick PSP as well.

Unfortunately, the only info the listing offers about Devil May Cry's PSP debut is that it will be of the "stylish action" genre, which presumably means it won't turn out to be a Metal Gear Acid-style Dante card game, but something a bit more familiar to the console slash-em-ups we're used to - maybe even a port of one of the PS2 version of the game, which we'd be happy to replay on the tube with the aid of our PSPs.

Perhaps, with the official Devil May Cry 4 website due to open tomorrow, we'll get a bit more of a hard confirmation on the title, along with some gameplay info if we're really, really lucky. But with TGS only a few weeks away, it's likely that we won't have to wait long until we get our first glimpse of Dante hacking and slashing on the PSP. Stay tuned for more DMC love.

News Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=145712)

JD/
September 7th, 2006, 18:01
ive never playd dmc but I always hear about it from my friends it sounds like it would be good hopefully it has nice gameplay.

QueadlunnRau
September 7th, 2006, 18:11
I also have never played the Devil May Cry series, but will look forward to any new games for the PSP. ^_^

Mew
September 7th, 2006, 19:17
Loved Devil May Cry 1 so much!

Alucard
September 7th, 2006, 19:26
DMC is pretty good, depending on the one you played. I stopped playing after the second one. The game didn't flow as well in the second one as it did with the first.

I would love to see a 3D castlevania on PSP though. I thought the PS2 ones were pretty good. Same type of Gameplay as DMC.

Rocksil
September 7th, 2006, 19:36
DMC is one of the best beat em up game to and dante is one of my favourite game characters

Basil Zero
September 7th, 2006, 20:23
Hope its DMC3 thats coming out on PSP if it is a PORT!

However if its an original....thats even better LOL

Cloud_35
September 7th, 2006, 20:32
Wooooooooohhhh

Then gotta wait for this, Metal Gear, Silent Hill and FFVII...

felonyr301
September 7th, 2006, 21:44
man dmc 1 and 3 was the best man but dmc 1 is more of a classic in my mind because its original and for its time it was addicting and the storyline was hot i dont care if its a port of part 3 or 1 but it better not be part 2 or some new game with no point in the story like part 2 was.

Veskgar
September 7th, 2006, 22:28
Another great title announced for the PSP! The Nintendo DS certainly couldn't pull of a Devil May Cry game. This is the type of game that is ideal for the PSP. Lets hope this shines!

Alucard
September 7th, 2006, 22:30
Yup, I would recommend getting both a NDS and a PSP if at all possible. Really both systems have great games.

Eventhough lately the PSP has been releasing and announcing some great stuff.

Raekwik11
September 8th, 2006, 05:56
i can't wait to play this one! It's going to be a great portable game.:D

BL4Z3D247
September 8th, 2006, 06:07
alright!!! DMC game announced for the psp(loved all of em), do keep the good games comin :)

donne
September 8th, 2006, 08:14
Oh Yeah ! I hope PSP version got Vergil playable. He's way cooler than Dante !