PDA

View Full Version : What will you be playing over the Christmas holiday?

VampDude
December 14th, 2010, 13:19
Each year, I set a pile of games to the side to play over the long and often boring Christmas holiday. Which most times I never finish playing them, or I finish them too soon for my liking.

This year however, I have selected a movie trilogy and a prequel to the trilogy. No, not StarWars, as I wouldn't know where to begin and if the LEGO titles should be included for the fun of it. But the entire movie trilogy on The Lord of the Rings (PS2), accompanied with The Hobbit game (sadly no movie) and the three Lord of the Rings movies on DVD.

For me, the Christmas holiday begins now as I've finished work until the new year. So when I've completed the game I'm playing (The Godfather - PS2), my Christmas gaming marathon begins.

Who else has a gaming marathon over the Christmas holiday and what will you be playing? :)

mike_jmg
December 16th, 2010, 16:28
Not really a marathon but I'll be playing COD Black Ops multiplayer, some online matches of Tekken 6 and maybe I'll decide to finally start Ys the Oath in Felghana.

Despair
December 23rd, 2010, 00:33
I should like to do a run through of the Resident Evil series, to refresh my memory on the story.

Darksaviour69
December 23rd, 2010, 01:05
kinect and "sega and sonic all star racing"

Eviltaco64
December 23rd, 2010, 08:16
I've been playing through Final Fantasy VIII again, though it's coming along slowly.

I also bought GTA III and The Simpsons Hit and Run recently and I've been playing them on and off. So yeah, the early 2000's.

VampDude
December 24th, 2010, 11:35
I got bored playing the Lord of the Rings titles (Fellowship), which I've now opted for Little Big Planet (GoTY Edition), ModNation Racers, Naughty Bear and The Godfather II.

I also bought GTA III

Last year (going into this year), I played all the GTA games in order of which they take place within the fictional timeline and not when they were released.

(1969) GTA: London
(1984) GTA: Vice City Stories
(1986) GTA: Vice City
(1992) GTA: San Andreas
(1997) GTA
(1998) GTA: Liberty City Stories
(2001) GTA III
(2008) GTA IV
(2008) GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City
(2013) GTA 2

You should try it, if you have time to waste (like myself)... The best console to avoid console changing is a 60GB PS3. :p

If you've completed GTA III, you think it's the end of Claude... But GTA 2 is the true sequel (as he's nowhere in IV), there he gets killed (seen in the promotional GTA2 video), screwing with the story between 2 and III. :)