PDA

View Full Version : GameCube Games Cancelled In Favor of Wii Release?

wraggster
September 7th, 2006, 19:48
Via Gaming Bits

Infendo reports on IGN's Matt Casamassina comment that the upcoming Super Paper Mario will "be headed to Wii and not GameCube." Nintendo's Official web page for Super Paper Mario gives no indication of the change, pinpointing a October 9, 2006 release date.
Another rumor at Go Nintendo says Lego Star Wars 2 may be cancelled, after a UK reader says his Amazon UK pre-order was cancelled. He received the following response: "This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it." LucasArts's Online Store still lists the GameCube for $39.99. Not too sure about this one.

Is Nintendo punching more holes in the sinking GameCube, or is the anticipation of the Wii contributing to Nintendo fans killing it off?

We posted already that SuccessHK has the new Star Wars game :)

Nafogel
September 7th, 2006, 19:50
man, that sucks if this is true. Nintendo will have a pretty shaky transition in software sales if they decide to go this way.

Shilo
September 7th, 2006, 21:58
I'm might have to wait till I get a Wii to get Super Paper Mario? O well...........

JKKDARK
September 8th, 2006, 17:25
Nintendo really sucks ;P The dreamcast will be more alive than Game Cube ;P

kcajblue
September 9th, 2006, 01:49
thats not cool. they need to keep making new gamecube games.

Nintendo really sucks ;P The dreamcast will be more alive than Game Cube ;P
Nintendo doesnt suck.

JKKDARK
September 9th, 2006, 16:10
thats not cool. they need to keep making new gamecube games.

Nintendo doesnt suck.
then why they don't support gamecube?

starblazer84
October 17th, 2006, 11:49
I think it's really sad that us loyal GC owners are going to be deserted this way.