PDA

View Full Version : NGamer Wii/DS information!

wraggster
September 7th, 2006, 20:09
DrDark posted a load of Wii and DS News he found in the latest issue of NGamer:

Confirmation on Spore: “Release: Spring 2007″
Plus: “EA have confirmed that link-up play with the DS is on the cards, so you can deform your species on the fly.”
“Everything you need to know for the impending launch of the mighty Wii”.
Under the section on ‘DS Connectivity’, they say “EA’s spore is one upcoming title that will allow you to transfer data from little console to big in a flash.”
—–
Sensor bar is “50% smaller”, “little bigger than a couple of pencils glued together.”
—–
Wii-mote’s 6kb of internal memory “personalises your remote - potentially storing things like sensitivity, y-axis settings for FPSs, and even scores and saves.”
—–
Wii-mote runs on two AA batteries, offering around 60 hours of gameplay. That amount’s reduced to half (around 30 hours) if using the sensor bar though.
—–
[Talking about SD cards] “these tiny cards can be used to store game saves and virtual console games, but Digital Right Management features mean you can’t play your games on someone else’s Wii.”

Via Go Nintendo (http://gonintendo.com/?p=5388)

GamerGuyDude
September 7th, 2006, 20:14
[Talking about SD cards] “these tiny cards can be used to store game saves and virtual console games, but Digital Right Management features mean you can’t play your games on someone else’s Wii.”

I seriously hope they're talking about Virtual Console only. If they do this with all Wii games, it's a no-purchase for me.

rememberthe8bit
September 7th, 2006, 20:32

I seriously hope they're talking about Virtual Console only. If they do this with all Wii games, it's a no-purchase for me.

Well, why would normal games be stored on the SD card? (or potentially, USB Mass Storage devices) Those games are on discs and I'm pretty sure that Nintendo wouldn't lock each disc to each unit. I think that it would decrease sales of games.

iball
September 7th, 2006, 21:42
Time to place your bets for how fast the DRM on the Virtual Console ROMs will be cracked.

Junixx
September 7th, 2006, 22:11
Time to place your bets for how fast the DRM on the Virtual Console ROMs will be cracked.

lmao hmmm......

pubjoe
September 7th, 2006, 22:21
Don't play games with someone else's wii
Good advice! :)

...sorry

lexluthor
September 7th, 2006, 22:46

Nintendo seriously looks to be asking for it this time.