PDA

View Full Version : PSP Bomberman

wraggster
September 7th, 2006, 21:22
John has released a new Lua Bomberman clone for the PSP.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

The_It
September 7th, 2006, 21:50
nes bomberman is better.

Gene
September 7th, 2006, 23:31
nes bomberman is better.

If you have nothing remotely good, or helpfull to say, please dont spam.

anyway nice one John keep it up.

scarph
September 8th, 2006, 00:28
If you have nothing remotely good, or helpfull to say, please dont spam.

anyway nice one John keep it up.

nah i think his post is a very legit one. If he thinks its not as good as the nes version, thats letting people know that the nes version is fun...therefore hes helping people out. Lua games do tend to be on the bad side :(

kurst3030
September 8th, 2006, 00:50
Well this is nice but you could always get get Super Bomber 2 for the SNES, play multiplayer, and have the most fun with your psp ever...lol. But seriously, I can tell you're working on it, so nice work.

penileartery
September 8th, 2006, 02:34
dude..seriously who cares which is better. its not saying this is the best dang freaken bomberman out there..so give it a chance..nice one man

scarph
September 8th, 2006, 02:58
well if its not the best, why play it, why praise him. if it sucks tell him it sucks and he should fix it. theres no room for bad games on the psp, they get passed over and forgotten

luckproluck1
September 8th, 2006, 03:24
hi

aries2k4
September 8th, 2006, 03:25
Whats wrong with you guys? How can you try to compare nes and snes game to a homebrew? A commercial game made by professional coders for who nows how long. geez
comments like "ifs its not better why code it" arenīt encouraging.
keep at it john.
Nice work!!!

scarph
September 8th, 2006, 04:00
if hes not a good coder...dont code

trust me there have been some shitty bomberman games put out by good designers, what you don't seem to understand is this is just wasted dcemu front page space. as i stated in the thread in my sig, homebrew games and especially lua games are almost always bad.

but back on topic, make a better bomberman game...not in a mean way, its just a suggestion.

kurst3030
September 8th, 2006, 04:25
^ I agree with you. I applaud the coder for trying, but at least try to make the game decent enough for front page. We don't have to be extremely nice to every coder out there just because he made a game. Not trying to put you down, John, just work on it.

mr_nick666
September 8th, 2006, 09:16
well if its not the best, why play it, why praise him. if it sucks tell him it sucks and he should fix it. theres no room for bad games on the psp, they get passed over and forgotten

if hes not a good coder...dont code

trust me there have been some shitty bomberman games put out by good designers, what you don't seem to understand is this is just wasted dcemu front page space. as i stated in the thread in my sig, homebrew games and especially lua games are almost always bad.

but back on topic, make a better bomberman game...not in a mean way, its just a suggestion.

djk21108 is heading for a BAN :mad: This site only has room for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism (it sucks isnt classed as that.. If he's learning to code now then how the hell is he ever going to improve if twats like you try to kill him before he gets going?) I see too much of this negative posting on DCEMU these days.. :(

Nice first homebrew John - I look forward to seeing what you produce in the future :D

BlackJack23
September 8th, 2006, 14:07
This is actually ridiculous and goes against everything DCEMU stands for. I've never seen this kind of attitude here before. Let me explain it to you guys:

Bomberman for NES\SNES: Made by skilled team of developers and llegal on your PSP if you don't own an authentic copy(which 99% of you probably don't)

Homebrew Bomberman: Released by a relatively new coder FOR FREE(i.e. no monetry gain) to contribute to the PSP community and learn alot in the process from racking code knowledge together and getting constructive critisism.

Now, what I don't understand is why the **** you can't get that through your head. For Christ's sake.
Now I really feel like I'm going to be comfortable when I release my first game.

mr_nick666
September 8th, 2006, 14:45
This is actually ridiculous and goes against everything DCEMU stands for. I've never seen this kind of attitude here before. Let me explain it to you guys:

Bomberman for NES\SNES: Made by skilled team of developers and llegal on your PSP if you don't own an authentic copy(which 99% of you probably don't)

Homebrew Bomberman: Released by a relatively new coder FOR FREE(i.e. no monetry gain) to contribute to the PSP community and learn alot in the process from racking code knowledge together and getting constructive critisism.

Now, what I don't understand is why the **** you can't get that through your head. For Christ's sake.
Now I really feel like I'm going to be comfortable when I release my first game.

Sanity! :) You get my point entirely :o Why do these people try to belittle someone who is adding to the PSP scene? I dont see them contributing :mad: This site NEVER used to be like this - it seems to be an influx of kids that spoil it for everyone else :(

Sorry for going off track on your thread John :( KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK - you do already have supporters! ;)

Hungry Horace
September 8th, 2006, 16:05
yes i have to heartily agree on this one.

John, just like any other coder, will need to find his feet. telling him not to bother is a dumb thing to do, since it will merely discourage him and other potential coders from contributing to the scene.

what he will really need is feedback which will help him learn how to improve his code, such as bugs, game "quirks", unexpected "features" - and most importantly - how to reproduce those bugs so that he can fix them and gain the knowldge for future reference.

negative comments lead only to negative reactions. There was a time the psp-homebrew scene was beginning to remind me of the Amiga days, when public domain for people's bedrooms was commonplace and it was a truely great thing....

unfortunatly the scene is becoming flooded with the wrong type of user quite frankly, and they seem determined to drag everybody down to their level.

John, i also apologise for going off on one there. i'm not really a LUA user myself, but i may make an exception for this one and install it, as a result of what's been said here. keep at it mate, your efforts will only lead to improvements, and in time i'm sure you'll achieve what you want to with your programming.

scarph
September 8th, 2006, 19:53
Sanity! :) You get my point entirely :o Why do these people try to belittle someone who is adding to the PSP scene? I dont see them contributing :mad: This site NEVER used to be like this - it seems to be an influx of kids that spoil it for everyone else :(

Sorry for going off track on your thread John :( KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK - you do already have supporters! ;)

ive been in this scene a very long time.

i really don't care about the legality, or experience of the coder in these situations what so ever. I enjoy quality games, and if the nes version is better, dont make your game. besides its horaces motto that unskilled coders like those that made jet set willy are far better at making games than those who made bomberman and the likes.

if you wouldnt pay money for a game, dont download it. Id pay money for these awesome snes gba and n64 emus. Id pay money for devhook and pimpstreamer.

but once again good job flooding the front page with stuff only a handful of people will download and even less will retain.

Hungry Horace
September 8th, 2006, 22:30

so? that makes your opinion more important than someone else's does it? wrong my friend. very very wrong. you're still only 16 and frankly you need to grow up fast, because you're annoying a fair few people with your remarks.

i really don't care about the legality, or experience of the coder in these situations what so ever.

then i suggest you go somewhere else.

I enjoy quality games, and if the nes version is better, dont make your game.

why f**king not?? he's doing it for his own reasons (probably to learn) and wants to share it. Just because you dont give a toss about it doesnt make it irrelevent. It may be irrelevent to you, fair enough, all you have to do is ignore it, but you seem incapable of even this.

besides its horaces motto that unskilled coders like those that made jet set willy are far better at making games than those who made bomberman and the likes.

wrong again. the point you dont seem to understand is that games such as those were written by HIGHLY SKILLED coders. Matthew Smith who wrote JSW is considered by *many* coders to be a great inspiration since the reason his games were so successful was because he was able to push the limitations of a much simpler machine, something a team of modern coders just dont seem bothered to do.

Homebrew coders working on their own (in a similar way to the old-school coders) have already proven that far more interesting programs can be produced for the PSP than have been created the "professionals" which you seem to adore so much.

if you wouldnt pay money for a game, dont download it. Id pay money for these awesome snes gba and n64 emus. Id pay money for devhook and pimpstreamer.

maybe you would. (although seeing as you started a thread about the PSP games you are downloading - i very much doubt you would pay for anything)

however the fact is most people are happy to not be paying for homebrew software, and some coders may even be reluctant to charge (seeing as their program may be unfinished of buggy, or perhaps they are simply doing it out of the love of coding) - with this in mind people do not have to expect commercial quality homebrew.

but once again good job flooding the front page with stuff only a handful of people will download and even less will retain.

please, if you dont like it... go somewhere else.

again - i'm sorry for dragging this thread off-topic, like this, but if people are going to make childish comments like djk has made, then i think they need some explaining done to them.

Darksaviour69
September 8th, 2006, 22:40
dcemu supports all coders, we are not elitist. All coders have to start some were!

blackrave
September 8th, 2006, 22:53
I totally support John! He has spent much of his spare time to make a good game, and the first comment he gets is negatively loaded. That's just pathetic and not really inspirative.
As someone already said, there are people who appreciate any effort in contributing to the PSP Homebrew scene.

FOL
September 8th, 2006, 23:03

i really don't care about the legality, or experience of the coder in these situations what so ever. I enjoy quality games, and if the nes version is better, dont make your game. besides its horaces motto that unskilled coders like those that made jet set willy are far better at making games than those who made bomberman and the likes.

Whats going on, is it me or is he getting away with saying what he wants. He has upset alot of people and continues to do so. He obviously doesnt care about his warning, so why even bother having a warning system.

Anything homebrew in my book deserves a chance, I grew up with the first bomberman on the amiga and I have played a few diff platform versions, and they were all good in my opinion.

Good work, ignore this guy as he seems to be annoying everyone.

scarph
September 9th, 2006, 05:51
taking everything you guys have said into consideration i really have turned around

i loaded this game on to my psp. it was fantastic. there were bombs, there were men, and there were blocks.

i would pay for homebrew by the way. i did donate to snes tyl before paypal was denied to them.

i dont really see how putting this story on the frontpage isnt piracy. correct me if im wrong but i think the bomberman name is copyrighted.

anyway, if you can name one person who made shitty lua games, and released them, then made wonderful life shattering programs afterwards, ill get down on my hands and knees and bow to the great "john"

dark_john
that will be his name!

Great release dark_john i look forward to the update, where maybe theres more bombs, or more men

good luck!

BlackJack23
September 10th, 2006, 17:20
Thats good to hear djk
Just don't think of paying for homebrew because thats not at all what this scene's about.

I'm still a little bit angry with you because from what you've said, I've gathered you made those comments without even playing the game.

scarph
September 11th, 2006, 03:23
nah i was defending what the first guy said about nes is better

thats all

JKKDARK
September 11th, 2006, 03:24
yeak, I love bomberman :)

Hungry Horace
September 11th, 2006, 14:37
djk21108 - i think you will find that BlackJack is refering to your last post rather than those you made previously.

The one which included ; "there were bombs, there were men, and there were blocks. " i believe it is this post which makes him doubtful as to whether you have actually tried this game.

Off-Topic: thank you for the PM djk. thank you very much :cool:

mr_nick666
September 11th, 2006, 15:44
djk21108 - i think you will find that BlackJack is refering to your last post rather than those you made previously.

The one which included ; "there were bombs, there were men, and there were blocks. " i believe it is this post which makes him doubtful as to whether you have actually tried this game.

Off-Topic: thank you for the PM djk. thank you very much :cool:

I didnt get a PM :( I'd like to get one personally as in "in the flesh" so we can discuss further our views on how to conduct ourselves and our opinions on forums :mad:

FOL
September 11th, 2006, 22:34
I didnt get a PM :( I'd like to get one personally as in "in the flesh" so we can discuss further our views on how to conduct ourselves and our opinions on forums :mad:

Damn, I want 1 to. I dont think he has a clue, to young to understand how to conduct himself.

mr_nick666
September 11th, 2006, 23:00
Damn, I want 1 to. I dont think he has a clue, to young to understand how to conduct himself.

You can share mine if you like :D

shutup and go die?

What a guy... :rolleyes:

Hungry Horace
September 11th, 2006, 23:40
aww that's as good as mine!

i thought nothing could top:

subject: ***
body: thats what you are

he's top-notch aint he? ;)

FOL
September 11th, 2006, 23:44