PDA

View Full Version : Why we don't visit DCemu.

Wally
December 22nd, 2010, 01:40
A fair few members here have left over the past few years due to the factors of DCemu turning into a mush pit of various monsters and stuff.

The main reasons we leave

a) Ads, these are thrown at our face regardless of us logging in. Including the top "Want to know more about DCemu" bar which is not neccesary. we want an option to CULL ads immediately without it being too evasive or having to install an adblocking utility.

b) 18 Nintendo forums? COME ON.. All these forums are not required and cutting back a lot of other crappy forums would be a blessing.

c) The host is ****ed up.. Wraggster has screwed everyone around in the past.. He'll probably delete this post (You might as well delete my account too Wraggster you arse).

d) Huzzah..

P.S Join daedalusx64.com for awesomeness!

WhizzBang
December 22nd, 2010, 10:13
Don't knock Wraggster, he works very hard on this site.

I find the large amount of advertising posts a bit irritating but I can live with them. I still like the site as there is always something interesting to read.

Presumably that was your goodbye post, so bye-bye Wally.

acn010
December 23rd, 2010, 05:39
shit spammed the shit out of the forum.... not cool >:[

Eviltaco64
December 23rd, 2010, 09:01
Yeah, the forums have been slow for some time. I'd say that it's mainly due to the restrictions that are put on video game consoles now, though.

There's much more effort involved in hacking now too, and from that effort you get a console that's capable of many things but loses some of it's most vital functions (like compatibility with newer games and online capabilities) at the same time.

Console manufacturers want complete control over their product. They have and will continue to patch up every possible exploit as a means of preventing hackers from doing anything. Console hacking leads to piracy and they know that, so they invest millions of dollars and loads of time into preventing it from happening.

It sucks, but they have the money and the paid workers that the homebrew scene lacks.

EDIT: Yeah, the ads are unnecessary. Ad Block Plus does the job nice, though. ;)

Shrygue
December 23rd, 2010, 12:35
Those flaming RSS bots are still a pain in the ass though...

acn010
December 24th, 2010, 09:14
That shit tooo

VampDude
December 29th, 2010, 09:31
EDIT: Yeah, the ads are unnecessary. Ad Block Plus does the job nice, though. ;)

ABP --------------------- To block.
Greasemonkey -------- To manually out script (if not using ABP).
Fiddler ------------------ To track / fiddle.

All do the job for creating a ad free DCEmu... For me anyway, after tracing the sources of one lot of ads before the code signature changes and ABP appears not to be doing it's job. :cool:

Kaiser
December 29th, 2010, 09:51
I can agree with the first two points and I shall see what can be done. Something drastic will have to happen to revive the community here and the website in general.

VampDude
December 29th, 2010, 21:55
Something drastic will have to happen to revive the community here and the website in general.

There needs to be a reboot to the homebrew scene, like when the PSP had it's big opening.

The Wii wasn't quite it, unfortunately... Even though I love the Wii for it's near complexity to the PSP for homebrew.

What we need is a purely homebrew friendly console, but the only two on the current market is the Wii and PSP with easy exploits.

Both the Xbox360 and PS3 are exploitable, but nobody wants to hack them due to what they don't want to lose. Which really, is quite sad. Because the PS3 has a lot to offer, although I only bought and installed my PS3 Break dongle for the means of having one for when there was a big enough scene. Microsoft and their Xbox360, they are so closely watched by Microsoft that the vast Xbox360 population is too scared to enter the scene because of the Ban Hammer threats.

This is the world we live in... The two 'main' consoles for Homebrew are the underdogs, which people mainly want games with awesome graphics. Although graphics aren't everything, says me who is currently in a PS2 phase (again).

I did forget to mention the Nintendo DS, but with that it's the same as the PS3 and you have to purchase an R3 card.

WhizzBang
December 29th, 2010, 22:19
... says me who is currently in a PS2 phase (again)

Which PS2 games are you playing? I was looking at all the cheap PS2 games for sale recently and thought to myself it would be nice to go back and play some of the games I missed first time around.

VampDude
January 1st, 2011, 04:52
Which PS2 games are you playing? I was looking at all the cheap PS2 games for sale recently and thought to myself it would be nice to go back and play some of the games I missed first time around.

I've been playing The Godfather recently, but I did go onto the Lord of the Rings games and got bored.

Buy when I can get ahold of Yakuza 2, I will be doing the trilogy from the first to third. Sometime late in January.

But for pure nostalgia...

These are what I've chosen to play today. :cool:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/PSS1111.png?t=1293857249

Sadly, Sonic Adventure cannot be played on the PSP like Theme Park. But it would have been awesome, to have a portable Sonic Adventure. :p

WhizzBang
January 1st, 2011, 08:32
Sadly, Sonic Adventure cannot be played on the PSP like Theme Park. But it would have been awesome, to have a portable Sonic Adventure. :p

I think it would be even more awesome if you could play it without the Adventure sections (Station Square etc) and just play the Action stages. I think those adventure bits slowed it all down and were just a it annoying as it wasn't particularly fun. If only they had done a simple stage select system like on Mario Galaxy 2.

I had forgotten about Theme Park - very addictive game, great stuff.

VampDude
January 2nd, 2011, 10:11
I think it would be even more awesome if you could play it without the Adventure sections (Station Square etc) and just play the Action stages. I think those adventure bits slowed it all down and were just a it annoying as it wasn't particularly fun. If only they had done a simple stage select system like on Mario Galaxy 2.

I had forgotten about Theme Park - very addictive game, great stuff.

Back when Sonic Adventure was new, I don't think I even noticed how annoying certain aspects of the game were until I re-played it four years ago on the Dreamcast and also DX on the PC (which can be heavily hacked and modified). :cool:

Theme Park is an awesome game, but a little repetitive because the only goal is to have owned all the destinations and then I think you get a screen. But I only completed the MegaDrive version 14 years ago, after finding out about changing the last three digits of the password to increase my money and make the game shorter by creating better parks faster. :p

thedentist
January 2nd, 2011, 15:25
Gaming is good...:):)

But we must aware about are health.! Specially are teeth. Because our teeth is one of the important parts of our bodies! and we all need to take good care of our teeth to enjoy playing your favorite game!

If you have a teeth problems you can't concentrate or enjoy our playing! Good luck and take care of your teeth!:thumbup::thumbup:

WhizzBang
January 2nd, 2011, 16:16
Yes, we must whup Mr Tooth Decay! A good point well made, thedentist.

Shrygue
January 2nd, 2011, 20:03
*Finishes 3nd glass bottled coke.

I agree.

Right now I've just been playing Pokemon Hard Gold/Soul Silver on the DS. I've loaned my silver Playstation 2 and PS3 consoles to someone right now as money is tight right now and I can't think of what other games to get anyway. I'm still on the lookout for another 50000 series PS2 though, particularity the aqua blue one. At least then I'll have a use for the official 40GB HDD, current one I have has an 80GB Maxtor.

DPyro
January 2nd, 2011, 21:57
You need to have a massive revamp of the website. Redo the forum theme, delete a crapload of subforums and remove intrusive ads from the site.

Eviltaco64
January 3rd, 2011, 01:41
Yeah, DCEmu is an obsessive-compulsive person's worst nightmare. It and it's subforums needs quite a lot of reorganizing.

Also: http://xbox-emulation.dcemu.co.uk/homebrew-for-xbox%20.php

^ This still hasn't been fixed from 2007.

Kaiser
January 3rd, 2011, 07:51
Well I think one of the biggest homebrew scenes exploding at the moment is on something we don't really cover. I'm thinking iOS and Android products.

A full relaunch of the entire network might be appropriate now rather than some mere renovations.

DPyro
January 4th, 2011, 02:30
Ya, I just got an iPod touch and am waiting for the latest jailbreak.

Eviltaco64
January 4th, 2011, 09:06
Well I think one of the biggest homebrew scenes exploding at the moment is on something we don't really cover. I'm thinking iOS and Android products.

A full relaunch of the entire network might be appropriate now rather than some mere renovations.

The PS3 and PSP have pretty much been fully hacked now too, which could very well start a thriving PS3 scene and a rebirth of the PSP scene.

Shadowblind
January 4th, 2011, 20:40
DCEmu's been dead for a while as far as I can see. I'll still fade in and out like the ghost of Christmas past though, unless something changes and we have *gasp* discussion again. Ironically he only visits once a year . . .

I wantz me some PS3 homebrew, though. And I'd love to get back to reviewing things, ya know, if there are people to read them.

Shrygue
January 4th, 2011, 21:27
When PS3 and PSP homebrew pick up again, maybe we will get some more new members here again. I've noticed there's a few active ones still posting on the board, mainly in the news forums.

Btw, long time no see Shadowblind!

Shadowblind
January 4th, 2011, 21:46
When PS3 and PSP homebrew pick up again, maybe we will get some more new members here again. I've noticed there's a few active ones still posting on the board, mainly in the news forums.

Btw, long time no see Shadowblind!

I'm really looking forward to the possibilities PS3 homebrew brings-- considering that it may well be the most powerful console ever to be accessible like this, I'm hoping for a PS2/GC emulator. I won't be holding my breath for Xbox/Dreamcast emu though, heh heh.

I've been checking in every so often, but now that I hear more about this possible overhaul I may be returning more then I used to. Here's to hoping for DCEmu to become awesome again! :thumbup:

DPyro
January 5th, 2011, 04:21
There's already a Dreamcast emu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCA9N_OVxo

Triv1um
January 5th, 2011, 12:34
It's nothing to do with the homebrew scene.

It's the forum itself. I come here around every 6 months with the hope that something has change. And it looks "exactly" the same as it did when I left.

The whole website needs a full refresh and a selling point like it used to have.

Shadowblind
January 5th, 2011, 15:58
Hmm, interesting Sniper. It may have that "oh gawd dat loading time" feel to it, but at least the concept is there. Shweet.

VampDude
January 6th, 2011, 09:58

Android is one of the biggest hackable products on the market at the moment. Which many products without Android support are being hacked and patched by some of the smaller communities, my cellphone being one of them. :p

acn010
January 26th, 2011, 08:40
i love android for its openessssssssss and costumization.... im actually waiting for my android tablet which comes this jan 28, 2011