PDA

View Full Version : e[mulator] v0.82d - Multi System Emulator for PSP

wraggster
September 8th, 2006, 06:48
E (http://dev-e.sakura.ne.jp/) has updated his multi system emulator for the PSP to 0.82d.

The Emulator Supports:

Gameboy
PCEngine
Wonderswan
Sega Master System
Sega Game Gear
Nes

It now supports Atari Lynx and NeoGeo Pocket - Need to Verify

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

razorak
September 8th, 2006, 06:52
ooo...this sounds interesting...gonna try it out with eloader098 now...

kando
September 8th, 2006, 07:05
once he puts genesis in there i think he got most of the popular ones all in one =)

razorak
September 8th, 2006, 07:07
pity...it doesn't work with the tiff =/

whitey75
September 8th, 2006, 07:18
The point of this emulator seems to be to group the older systems together that run small game roms. There would really be no need to run genesis or snes emus through this as there is already to fantastic emus that run those roms just fine. Those roms are also starting to get a bit bigger, therefore it kinda makes sense to have a dedicated emu for them.

The only real addition i'd make is an Atari 2600 emu (maybe based on the new version of stella).

Great work by the way, now i better go check and see if my Lynx roms run!

Cheers

whitey75
September 8th, 2006, 07:38
Ok ...small Question...how Do U Get This To Run On 1.5 With Only One Eboot?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 8th, 2006, 07:49
Mant his is becoming the MAME of the console world nice to see console additions and regular updates thxs.You need to convert it with kexploit #6. :)

mr_nick666
September 8th, 2006, 09:03

Use SEIPSP tool - When you export the eboot to 1.5 it'll create your two folders for you :D

Nice work by the way! ;)

Eternal-Blue
September 8th, 2006, 09:18
Is it now possible to change the screen size? (fit 4:3 or full)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 8th, 2006, 10:53
Anyone help just made a 1.5 compatable version and need to upload it dont have the rights to tho.contact me @ [email protected]

Baboon
September 8th, 2006, 11:01
This is a geat idea having a multi platfrom emulator (aka Nintendo wii), plus it saves having to scroll through lots of individual icons on my 1.5 psp desktop. :)

Is the PC engine emu on this better than PCE?

MikeDX
September 8th, 2006, 11:12
The previous version supported NGPC, so I'm not sure what the deal is there. Translation issue or something?

Atari Lynx is a well needed addition though! Great stuff.

PS This emu has EASILY the best PC Engine emulation.

beardude
September 8th, 2006, 11:46
I wish the author would concentrate on perfecting the existing emulators before adding even more.

bah
September 8th, 2006, 12:03

Use Sei psp tool, latest version is attached to my post here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7647&page=2

Really handy app, basically its the kxploit tool with extra features.

Baboon
September 8th, 2006, 12:03
Is there a nice GUI with this emu? ...the only downfall I found with PCE was that the menus didnt look great.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 8th, 2006, 12:10
They dont look great on here baboon basic but funtional.But does perform slightly better than PCE all games ive tried are 60fps.

tested= sidearms,splatter house,gunhead,shinobi,chase hq,out live,power drift, Soldier Blade, and more :)

hack.fool
September 8th, 2006, 12:26
for 1.5 user that don't know how....
with this tool you can easily convert your 1.0 homebrew with 1.5...just choose wich eboot to convert and rename the 2 folders that mswap makes for you with the homebrew-name and homebrew-name%..here's the link:)
http://www.xbins.ru/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=19

by the way: does this emu run neoGeo pocket with sound?

ACID
September 8th, 2006, 12:41
Man they just get better and better. And for people that need it for PSP 1.50 i have converted it. Heres the atached file.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 8th, 2006, 12:51
by the way: does this emu run neoGeo pocket with sound?[/QUOTE]
The neo geo pocket roms ive tried mslug 1st & 2nd mission ran terribly and black and white !! early days tho yet :)

ACID
September 8th, 2006, 12:53
by the way: does this emu run neoGeo pocket with sound?
The neo geo pocket roms ive tried mslug 1st & 2nd mission ran terribly and black and white !! early days tho yet :)[/QUOTE]
Yes this runs neo pocket games perfect its awsome. I dont get how but works great.

Briggzy11
September 8th, 2006, 13:07
I got the NeoGeo Pocket work on the last one :S either way its a good emulator, just a shame I have them all sepretly already lol edited and modded, I have no need for this just yet :P

youaho
September 8th, 2006, 14:49
how i can get PC engine CD to work with this release ???

ACID
September 8th, 2006, 15:38
it doesnt work just yet. Hopefully soon.

Hawq
September 8th, 2006, 16:40
babelfished news, probably includes some uneeded bits but this is all that was under the new release just in case its usefull:

Still, is not something of the level which release it should do, is, but thinking of the thing of the unlikely event, if release (many things it is not, deleting to this week end, correction reopening) anyhow with β treatment.

However there is also a time when you thought whether you probably will write history in English, ヤ? メタッ!

(1) WS: Correcting the picture transforming at the time of the state load.
(2) WS: The timing of VBLANK was corrected.
(3) lynx: In the midst of mounted job.

It meaning that mounting the timer is truly random, it does not become the game.
Rewriting extremely from the transplantation original source code, it has become something which is different.

And in slightly better english from the history:
(1) Lynx added but buggy....
(2) WS : Color fix , when State Load.
(3) WS : VBLANK timing fix

JKKDARK
September 8th, 2006, 17:18
great release

gymnotropic
September 8th, 2006, 21:12
Is there a way to limit the amount of FPS a game has to a certian amount? At the moment, it runs the NES games I have at 60 FPS. Problem is, though, that 60 FPS seems to make the games run faster than they should. I want to limit it to 30~40 FPS.

Also, when I play Super Mario Bros. + Duck Hunt(the Super Mario part of it,) everything seems off.
http://i5.tinypic.com/3z83yg7.jpg
(sorry for the horrid quality.)

It's been like this for all the NES emulators I've used, actually.... Any way for me to fix it?

Veskgar
September 9th, 2006, 03:56
Curious to know how Neo Geo Pocket play? Is it full-screen? Decent framerate? Sound?

Pumped'Up
September 9th, 2006, 07:44
E, thanks soooo much - e[mulator] is one of the greatest homebrew apps ever. I can't believe that this all-in-one does soo many emus so well.

whitey75
September 9th, 2006, 07:49
No full screen on Neo Geo Pocket. Seems a bit sluggish too, but since i've never played a neo geo pocket game before now i have no means of comparison.

Lynx games won't load at all at the moment for me.

Only real annoying thing is being unable to go back to the menu from a NES game. Otherwise a great release. Really great being able to put games from all systems in one directory and just select game. Awesome release, can't wait for the next. As I said only inclusion I'd make is Atari 2600 maybe even the 7800.

Keep up the good work.
Cheers

lucidtraveller
September 9th, 2006, 09:23
a super all inclusive emu like "mess" would be cool someday.

for the classic stuff (pre nes) the commodore 64 emulator is perfect and basically every game for every classic system was ported to it as well (the whole collection is about 16 thousand games) ....but the same game if available on the NES was better except for when they would ruin a great game like gyruss by nesticising it ;)

Daki
September 9th, 2006, 17:53
I'm having a hard time trying to get pc engine games to work on this for some reason, they won't load up for me at all. Everything else save lynx (no roms to try) work perfectly. Any suggestions?

Shazz
September 17th, 2006, 13:54
0.82e was released... don't ask me what's new :D