PDA

View Full Version : Built in webcam on my laptop stopped working

lmtlmt
December 27th, 2010, 05:34
Im seriously pissed off about this new laptop (HP Pavillion DV6-3132TX) I bought, it was all going really well until suddenly it decided that my wecam was no longer "plugged in", how can it not be its built into the damn thing. So I googled it and the only info I could find was to re install HP MediaSmart Webcam which I did and it didnt do jack shit, still says I have no webcam, I even tried searching for a driver for it (HP TrueVision Webcam) but that didnt work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nightlore
December 27th, 2010, 08:54
Im seriously pissed off about this new laptop (HP Pavillion DV6-3132TX) I bought, it was all going really well until suddenly it decided that my wecam was no longer "plugged in", how can it not be its built into the damn thing. So I googled it and the only info I could find was to re install HP MediaSmart Webcam which I did and it didnt do jack shit, still says I have no webcam, I even tried searching for a driver for it (HP TrueVision Webcam) but that didnt work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dunno when you posted this but to detect cam again remove all drivers for it and go into device nanager remove all usb and imaging devices. Reboot computer. Let it autodetect and should bring you camera backup. Failing this you should have made a recovery disc for your windows try the repair if not save all work and try the re-format solution.

lmtlmt
December 27th, 2010, 13:56
I cant re format because my laptop didnt come with a windows disc?