PDA

View Full Version : Israel//Palestine conflict. Territorial or Ideological?

Darksaviour69
September 8th, 2006, 12:12
Do you think the Israel//Palestine conflict. territorial or ideological? ( i not asking who is right or wrong just what you think) please post where your from.

ACID
September 8th, 2006, 12:50
It has always been about land. Ever since the beginning of man kind.

Edshugeo
September 8th, 2006, 13:05
It's both. So I can't take part in the poll.

For some participants, it's one, for some, the other. And for quite a few, I'm sure both apply.

I'm from New York State in the U.S.A.

xiringu
September 8th, 2006, 13:12
The only answer is Israel stealing land from others to build their holly nation...so it's both.

Kaiser
September 8th, 2006, 15:14
Territorial of course. People will always want land. Religion has only been used as an excuse for such behaviour. However in this case both sides deserve considerable blame for the current problems.

quzar
September 8th, 2006, 16:02
most definetly both considering it is the territory that is tied into the ideology...

Darksaviour69
September 8th, 2006, 16:07
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5319522.stm

And nor has Washington been effective in solving another motivating factor for the jihadis - the Israel//Palestine conflict. Its portrayal of Israel as a victim in the war on terror sits uneasily with, say, the Europeans, who generally see the dispute as territorial not ideological and therefore amenable to a compromise.

that got me thinking and therefore why i posted the question

dejkirkby
September 8th, 2006, 16:09
I voted territorial. I agree with Kaiser. Religion is being used as an excuse so one country can take land from another. It's funny to me how they can go to war in the name of religion, even though war conflicts with the religion they are going to war for.

quzar
September 8th, 2006, 19:20
If Israel wanted land, they could take it. or does nobody remeber the 6 days war?

Darksaviour69
September 8th, 2006, 19:23
i don't remember it.... i know of it ;)

Kaiser
September 9th, 2006, 01:38
If Israel wanted land, they could take it. or does nobody remeber the 6 days war?

Good Point.

They certainly have the power to conquer just about any Arab country (even when they worked together in that case) and I doubt any Arab country would be willing to give up some land for a new Palestinian state.