PDA

View Full Version : PSP ~ Corruption Fixer

wraggster
September 8th, 2006, 16:42
New release from Joe, heres the details:

PSP Corruption Fixer is a simple app for PSP users coded in VB6. It allows the user to remove corrupted files such as images, game saves, html files and any other corrupt files on the PSP memory stick. This app also detects the PSP drive so you don't have to set it yourself like uber0ne's plus this has an auto run feature which when you open you dont have to click fix everytime it will auto detect and fix for you

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via joe (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1020062&postcount=1)

Prasoc
September 8th, 2006, 18:09
Corruption mostly happens on DevHook firmware files. if this removes them, TYVM :D

Hungry Horace
September 8th, 2006, 18:16
keep your cards backed up and these programs are very useful.

i generally use one called "easy corruption fixer" myself, i cant see that this would be any different, but definately a recommended program to have.

ACID
September 8th, 2006, 18:56
Man i wish i new what to try this on but other then the emus corrupt files witch are fix by hidding them or renaming ive never had a corrupt file of any sorts. Any examples ?

Mr. Shizzy
September 8th, 2006, 19:01
Thanks Joe, I'll keep this app in my vitual "toolbox". :D

Hungry Horace
September 8th, 2006, 20:07
acidburn:

this is not to be confused with corrupt-program icons, but i think you know that!

i find sometimes the memorycard will just get "bad" data on it. messing up files for emulators, or sometimes even the emulators themselves (for example) - causing them to load incorrectly or not-load at all... or sometimes they become difficult to delete. (cannot delete- file error - sort of thing)

i've had it a few times, its never very serious, just annoying. Thjis programs just run while hooked up to USB and "sort it out" - that's really all there is to it.

ACID
September 8th, 2006, 20:17
I see hungry horace. Im going to try it see if it finds something i didnt. Normally i just fisicaly check mi files every so often and delet extra stuff maibe thats why i never ran in to this problem but this will make it easyer i assume

Veskgar
September 8th, 2006, 22:40
Some versions of DevHook has caused minor corruptions. Also the new gpSP GBA EMU by Exophase can cause the config file to get corrupted sometimes when trying to load a game that caused the EMU to crash.

A simple and quick fix to memory stick corruption is as follows:

1. Connect your PSP to PC via USB connection.
2. Open the command prompt
3. Type CHKDSK E: /f

E: is just the drive letter that the PSP shows on my PC. It may show as I: or H: or another letter. If that is the case just substitute E: for the correct drive letter.

This simple and quick command will fix any and all corruptions on your memory stick.

Enjoy!