PDA

View Full Version : Gizboy 0.1.0 Released (gameboy And Gbc Emulator), Decent speed, sound, SRAM and saves

wraggster
September 8th, 2006, 20:26
Critical (http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8440) has released a new Gameboy emulator for the Gizmondo, heres his post:

Since GizVBA isn't very good, I decided to tidy up and release the port of gnuboy that I was looking at a while ago. It's pretty complete, I think, but let me know if you have any problems/requests. I might well get around to supporting zipped roms at some point. GameBoy Advance (GBA) games are NOT supported by this emulator, and never will be. If you want that, do it yourself.

README.TXT contents below:

GizBoy 0.1.0
---------------

Gizmondo port by critical of gnuboyce 0.9.13-0.7, which in turn is based on gnuboy.

It emulates Nintendo GameBoy and GameBoy Color systems, complete with sound, SRAM and savestates.

It uses 1.5x anti-aliased scaling. It is *extremely* unlikely that I will change that.

It DOES NOT emulate the GameBoy Advance, and never will.

gnuboy is licensed under GNU Generic Public License(GPL), as is GizBoy.Source is available on request to the contact address below.

The original licence files and documentation may be found in the doc directory of the zip file that this readme file came in.

Source is available on request, or at:

http://www.rxshorty.nl/gizmondo/homebrew/s...src-release.zip

Installation
------------

Put GizBoy.exe in the root of your SD card, along with the included gx.dll if you don't already have it. If you're using firefly's launcher, put everything in
a directory called GizBoy in the root of your SD card.

Usage
-----

GameBoy and GameBoy Color roms must be in a directory called:

GizBoy

in the root of your SD Card.

The GameBoy ROMs must have the extension '.gb' and the GameBoy Color ROMs must have the extension '.gbc'.

Buttons
-------

The joypad does what you'd expect. The other buttons are:

STOP START
PLAY B
FFWD A
RWND SELECT

During emulation, the home key toggles main menu on and off, which will also pause/resume the emulator.

Load/save state has been implemented.

Press the Speaker key to load state, and the Asterisk (*) key to save state.

If there is no state to load, and you try to load state, it will say that it succeeded, but obviously it won't have.

Whilst in the main menu, the STOP key exits back to the Gizmondo system.

Up and Down on the joypad in the main menu select the ROM, PLAY starts L and R triggers will page through the ROMs 10 at a time.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments