PDA

View Full Version : iR Shell 2.1 Released

wraggster
September 8th, 2006, 21:19
Ahman (http://www.irshell.com) has released a new version of his excellent shell for the PSP, heres whats new:

Here is the latest version of iR Shell 2.1 with the following new features:

1. Support 1.0 Eboot format. (Note: The APP view will not list Eboots for 2.x Homebrews that are designed to be launched from Devhook firmware emulation.)
2. Support for __SCE__ naming convension.
3. Both 1.0 Eboot & SCE naming can be enabled or disabled under iR Configurator. If you don't use these naming convensions, you can turn them off for a faster APP view list.
4. Allow removal of startup splash screen (configurable under iR Configurator).
5. nethostfs server v1.5 is enhanced to allow read only access. This means you can open your PC server to the public without worrying files being deleted. Refer to the user guide for details.
6. File Manager has been enhanced to support mulitple files/directories selections similar to MP3. You can use CIRCLE key to hightlight multiple files or directories and then perform file manipulation on them. You can highlight maximum of 10 files or directories. The mulitple selection will only work under DIR & RDF View. It won't work for APP & SAV views.
7. The location of each view (DIR, APP, RDF & SAV) will be remembered after toggle. Example, switching from DIR View to APP View and back to DIR View. The directory & cursor location will return to its original location before you left. Pls note MP3 Shortcut & DIR Shortcut are also classified as DIR View.

Special thanks to:
- Terdinglage, Numeror & Xoassis for making menu skins for iR Shell.
- Numeror for designing new HELP image files.
- All beta testers for countless hours of testing, especially StoneCut for his professional test reports.
- All previous contributors to iR Shell, including AnonymousTipster, Dark Alex, Triable and others.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

pkmaximum
September 8th, 2006, 21:28
Alright this is exactly what I have been waiting for, for so damn long!!! 1.0 eboot support!!! Now I can be in school, switch between my calculator and a emulator in a breeze =P

P.S. Not to sound noobish but I didn't use IR Shell that much before because of the lack of 1.0 eboot support. So I was wondering if someone could tell me how to switch apps in IR shell. Because when I press L+Select it goes back to IR Shell but I can't switch apps. Is there a fast convient way of doing this?

zevernos
September 8th, 2006, 21:33
so i cant use irshell with 2.6 psp??

PlagueMusic
September 8th, 2006, 21:33
only way to do that is to reset ir shell

): my thread of this didn't make it :(

jamesgloucester
September 8th, 2006, 21:34
Another fantasic release by Ahman :-)
Might start using it more thanks to the 1.0 EBoot support.

pkmaximum, try using Home, i think it takes you back to IR Shell, not he XMB.

pkmaximum
September 8th, 2006, 21:38
Hmm I tried that out of the ti-92 calculator and it crashed the PSP, I'll try another app, and tell you how it turns out.

Edit::::::::::::::::::::::::Edit:::::::::::::::Edi t::::::::::::

Nope no good I just exited out of Dgen V1.7 (remember I'm using 1.0 eboots) and it braught me straight back to the PSP's XMB, so I don't its supported for IR Shell, for 1.0 eboots to bring you straight back to IR Shell, though still a great APP. Just a few more tweaks, and I would set this as my custom firmware =P

zevernos
September 8th, 2006, 22:02
yo can someone tell me if this will work on fw 2.6 psp??

Nikolaos
September 8th, 2006, 22:05
yo can someone tell me if this will work on fw 2.6 psp??

You need fanjitas eloader and you can try it yourself, if you don't know about an eloader than i doubt you should be trying this stuff.. if ur wonderinf if irhsell works from the xmb on 2.6 fw than the answer is no. sry,

also ty for great update :) stil sticking to old skin buh i love the fact i can disable splash screen :)

StealthCP
September 8th, 2006, 22:15
Excellent release. :D

And downgrade your 2.6 PSP, zevernos. You might as well. Use Devhook for 2.71 if you need it for UMD games.

Kvonx
September 8th, 2006, 22:17
yyeeeesssssss, excellent!!! we've all bin waitin

Veskgar
September 8th, 2006, 22:18
I've never tried this or any other PSP shell. Is it fair to say this is the BEST one? I am under that impression.

Is this worth installing? Looks incredible. Thanks for all the hard work Ahman.

And downgrade your 2.6 PSP, zevernos. You might as well. Use Devhook for 2.71 if you need it for UMD games.
He has a TA-082 PSP which CANNOT be downgraded or else I'm sure he already would have downgraded.

blackrave
September 8th, 2006, 22:49
Thanks for this, Ahman! Love this PSP shell. I really hope you will keep on updating it "forever".

zx-81
September 9th, 2006, 00:02
Many thanks Ahman ! Keep up the good work !

uhoh_hotdogs
September 9th, 2006, 00:49
Yes! Finally support for the SCE naming, I've been waiting for it forever.

Habs69M
September 9th, 2006, 01:27
Great update, only problem i have is when using the devhook icon to load devhook it doesnt save my setings (im using mylaunchermod160a) i can set it up fine but when i restart the psp go trought IRSHELL and use the devhook icon it reverts my settings to none :)

if we could edit the path of the devhook icon that would be nice, so then i would map it to load DEVBOOT.PBP and my settings would be fine :)

StoneCut
September 9th, 2006, 01:54
You cannot switch apps ...

Only iR Shell and ONE additional homebrew/JMD game can coexist.

Thre CORRECT way to handle this is to exit the UMD game or homebrew via HOME ("Do you want to quit ?").

You will then get back into IR Shell.

Simply resetting iR Shell is NOT RECOMMENDED since you could corrupt data on your memory stick that way.

Simply launch an app, exit it, launch the next app etc.

BTW
You can even return to iR Shell from emulated Devhook firmware. Check out the iR Shell forums for more info.

NoQuarter
September 9th, 2006, 03:09
Thanks much Ahman!!!!
This is such a great app.
So guys are 1.0 eboots working or not?
The above posts by PKMaximum seem to imply not:(
Anybody else tried 1.0 eboots?

tuta
September 9th, 2006, 03:09
Now I'm lovin this application more and more
Superb release thank you ahman

zevernos
September 9th, 2006, 03:38
yea i got a TA-082 psp so i cant do a think with it.......... right now im using the new tiff expliot for 2.0 - 2.6 that fanjita made.. so im waiting for a irshell thats compatible with that

Veskgar
September 9th, 2006, 03:38
On a scale of 1 - 10 how easy (or hard) is this to set up and configure?

razorak
September 9th, 2006, 03:54
woooo...it looks good....dammit wish i could downgrade =(

opiate81
September 9th, 2006, 03:58
you rock Ahman!!
keep up the excelent work!!

Im currently sitting back with Linux running on my xbox
, all my nice new 1.0 eboots in the same folders as my xbox ones and streaming everything (except my avi`s :( ) to my psp :D
no more watching Australian Idol for me!!!!!!!! :D :D
all I need now is a Linux version of pimpstreamer, little bar fridge and a portable toilet and I`ll never have to move from the recliner again :D

just a tip for Aussie people ( I dunno if it applies to others) dont buy a D-Link wireless router they dont stream to well

again fantastic job Ahman!!

NoQuarter
September 9th, 2006, 04:14
I also have linux running on my xbox(xebian) :)
Anybody know how to set up nethost for linux so I can access my xbox with my psp over the internet?

opiate81
September 9th, 2006, 04:29
NoQuarter
all I did was make it so Linux would read my F Partition
(check out http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showforum=22
)then drop the Linux nethosts file into the root of the F drive
from there just put your emulator eboots into the same folder as your corresponding xbox emulator folder

pity xbox linux doesnt support usb mass storage or I could hook up usbhosts as well :(

Mr. Shizzy
September 9th, 2006, 06:41
Hey let's try not to get too far off topic guys. Not trying to be rude or anything. But it's kinda rude to Ahmen to post 3+ pages about something other than IRSHELL in this thread.
Anyway. Much thanks to Ahmen (once again). I was just getting ready to erase 2.0 & just go back to IRSHELL 1.6 b/c it wouldn't load NesterJ for some reason. This looks sweet! I'll install this right away! :D

NoQuarter
September 9th, 2006, 06:42
linux recognizes the psp as a scsi drive.
Stupid mail didn't go through,I got a failure notice
Here's the line you need to add just in case:
dev/sda1 /mnt/usb vfat noauto,user,exec 0 0
You could probably set it up to auto mount.
The important part is the vfat and user,exec.
Sorry Mr.Shizzy,we did get a little off topic but it was really for using nethost and usbhost on Irshell with our xbox's

BL4Z3D247
September 9th, 2006, 06:45
niiiiiiiiiiice...IRShell 2.1 kicks @$$, good work Ahmen :D

NoQuarter
September 9th, 2006, 06:47
Has anybody tried any more 1.0 eboots?
Yes,very nice Ahman this is one of the best apps for the psp

luis_05
September 9th, 2006, 06:59
puchica!! este volado esta bien pulido!!

Translation: this program rocks!!!!

razorak
September 9th, 2006, 07:24
woah..u'd better...that's 5 posts in a row. press on the edit button and u'll go to another page. on that page, there is an option called delete post

Mr. Shizzy
September 9th, 2006, 08:23
Has anybody tried any more 1.0 eboots?

Yes. I just tested it & can confirm that it does indeed launch 1.0 eboots. :D
Damn, that sucks I spend forever converting a million 1.0 eboots to 1.5 just for the purpose of IR Shell, and now it can read either of them. LOL. Oh well, this is great news.
Also, it's great that it can read more than 1 folder deep into music folder. (Helps w/ organization) But it doesn't seem to be able to create playlists in two different folders simutaneosly. Am I doing some thing wrong here? Or is this a feature I should pray for in the next update?

NoQuarter
September 9th, 2006, 08:31
Great, thanx for answering my question.
that was only thing that kept me from using Irshell too much,got mostly 1.0 eboots since custom firmware came out.
Guess I'll fire up my laptop and download this now since I was being lazy and using my roomie's computer :P

Thank you so much for adding 1.0 eboot support Ahman!

motel6man
September 9th, 2006, 09:53
running 2.6psp using eloader 0.9.8 tiff exploit and when i load this up it says
"couldnt find module infor before 08904790 iprogheaders[0]: 08808c00 gtopcode: 08904790 offset: 08904790"
is my file messed up, i cant run it using tiff exploit or am i just doing something wrong

NoQuarter
September 9th, 2006, 10:11
Irshell requires kernel mode to run,eloader does not support kernel mode just yet.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 9th, 2006, 10:16
Great got this as my main dashboard now boots in instead of $ony.

Raekwik11
September 9th, 2006, 15:01
Ahman has the best app for the psp.

mavsman4457
September 9th, 2006, 16:23
This is a sweet program. It is clearly the best shell until that new XMB replacement comes out from harleyg. I can't wait for that thing.

vettacossx
September 10th, 2006, 00:15
friggn sweeeeeet