PDA

View Full Version : PSP eMail and SMS v2 Now with text2phone support!

wraggster
September 8th, 2006, 21:25
Cools (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=712985) has updated the email and sms app for the PSP, heres the details:

Well thanks to yoyomacy there is now text to phone support in PSP eMail and SMS. It works pretty good, while I was testing it had connected to a cell phone and home phone multiple times. With this update there should be more stability with emails and sms's. You will need a wifi capable lua player to run this. If anyone has any idea or anything to make this a better homebrew just send a pm. Still no "\n" support, going to contact Sg57 to see if he ever got it working...

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 8th, 2006, 22:27
doe'sthis work in the uk or is it US only like the other sms clients released on the P$P ?.

thefly
September 8th, 2006, 23:33
How can it connected to a cell phone?
can you explaine more?

cools
September 9th, 2006, 00:03
The text2phone and sms will mainly work in US/Canada. You can probably use the email anywhere. I am still working on compatibility, so more emails will go throught, sms's sent, etc.

SMS is just like text messaging on a phone. You just type in the To, From, and Message to get it to work and send. (it will send to cell phones)

NoQuarter
September 9th, 2006, 03:04
Thanks bro, but I couldn't get the sms to work on the last release.

cools
September 9th, 2006, 03:30
Well SMS doesnt work at times... Try the same thing out at textr.net if it works post back here, and i think i should be able to fix it.

NoQuarter
September 9th, 2006, 04:10
Also bro what do you think of memo recorder program,could we do something like that with lua and possibly have something like VOIP?

Okay I tried textr.net,just waiting to see if it goes through.
Is it even possible to send a text message from myself to myself?

Eh,well it didn't go thru with textr.net.
Maybe I have the wrong number for myself,phone was a gift.
I better double check my number:(
Thanx for the help cools.

BL4Z3D247
September 13th, 2006, 22:22
where's this go? GAME? root? there's no readme :confused:

edit: wait it's thru lua isn't it *smacks self in head*
hey cools, any way u can make this so u don't need the lua player(u know, convert this prog. to an eboot)?

NoQuarter
September 13th, 2006, 22:25
applications in lua player, if memory serves me correctly

BL4Z3D247
September 13th, 2006, 22:27
thanx NoQuarter :), way ahead of u lol ;)

NoQuarter
September 13th, 2006, 22:36
right on, let me know if it works I couldn't get the sms to work

BL4Z3D247
September 13th, 2006, 22:38
ok, i will *downloads lua player*