PDA

View Full Version : NJ updates his CPS2 emulator!

Skye
September 9th, 2006, 04:10
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html) updated his site with a new beta version of his CPS2 emulator for PSP! Here is the translation via google.
Modification point (beta)

The modification point is to be rather many, but the effect which it corresponds to hardship completely not seeing.
With the unreasonable [tsu] lever you abandoned the improvement of speed above this already.

romcnv.exe was renewed. Correction of trouble of the below-mentioned drawing as for the game which does
 Please do again to draw up cash file.

Correcting the trouble of drawing of the game below.
 Street fighter ZERO 2: Left and right of the victory mark of ranking indication is strange. (Correction being completed (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/snap/sfz2j.png))
 [vuanpaiaseiba]: Part priority of opening demonstration is strange. (Correction being completed (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/snap/vsav.png))
 Score of the top and bottom of ranking indication of the [maitei] pan is not processed the mask. (Correction being completed (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/snap/mpangj.png))
 [ezahoden] pre-world war 2 demonstration is not indicated in normally with D&D S.O.M. (Correction being completed (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/snap/ddsomj.png))
 Part sprite of [pazurupu] 2 is not indicated. (Bug of ROM converter. Correction being completed)

In every game texture size modification to optimum value.
 But, because it was allotted at the value to which problem does not happen originally as for speed the change.

It tried not to read the PCM data when sound is made invalid.

It corresponds to the paddle input of [pazurupu] 2. (The same method as forgottn of CPS1PSP)

Modifying the calculation method of the pallet. Whether fading out and the like somewhat became good.

C68K substantially rewriting. (The M68000 core was drawn up anew, but bug correction and the like
 Because it is not in time, utilizing continuation C68K. Because speed does not change almost,
 This way whether it does,)

Z80 modification to CZ80 which customizes the core. CZ80 is to be lacking a little in accuracy, but
 Because it is not the strange sound driver different from NEOGEO, especially problem seems that does not occur.

There is no compatibility of the state data attendant upon above-mentioned and modification.
 It is the schedule which even in formal edition and is modified.

Is not bug, is, but the case where with the grapple game Raster Effects is turned to OFF the gap of the background part
 Cancellation. However, because drawing of the picture increases, (about average 1~2fps) speed falls somewhat.
 * Really, as for speed it is to improve delicately but you deducted with this correction and when such as zero whether.

Other things, detailed modification point large number.

Alittle hard to make sense out of.

b8a (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/member.php?u=8250) our trusty translator had posted a translated news post from NJ yesterday about his progress with getting it to work with the new eloader. Here is that translation.
I performed an operation check with eLoader 0.98.
I used a firmware 2.6/TA-082 PSP with the CPS2PSP that I'm building.
Hmmm, it doesn't run. I think maybe the TA-082 is what's wrong.
It displays the menu, and goes all the way to where you select the game, but freezes when trying to load the cache file. It looks like, memory that should have been allocated has not, in actuality, been allocated.
Of the 19MB that I was able to allocate, there was no problem up till around 11MB, so I think that applications that are smaller than that should have no problems.
Everything I've made has gone bad (laugh)

On the other hand, the GTA Loader version works properly. It seems as though the allocatable memory has increased by about 1MB. Hmm, I wonder if something can't be done about this.

I made some attempts to get it to work.
Please add the below text to ms0:/PSP/eloader/loader098.cfg
It's only for smaller games (as a rule of thumb, those with a zip file size under about 10MB), but I think they should run. It looks like the allocatable memory is exceedingly small.
You should also make the same change to NGEPSP and CPS1PSP as well.
Well, for the time being it looks like the applications I've built run better with the GTA loader, and not the TIFF loader. But, even better still is to downdate to FW1.5.

An example of how to modify loader098.cfg
[CPS2PSP_3ccd12a6]
#************************************************* ************************#
#* CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator for PSP test 5 *#
#*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*#
#* LOADER: 0.98 *#
#* TIFF: 2.0 - YES : Only the small size games can be played. *#
#* GTA: 2.0 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.01 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.5 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.6 - YES *#
#************************************************* ************************#
ebootname=CPS2PSP test 5
limitedMemoryManager=Y
Edit - Link removed
b8a has informed me that NJ updated his site to say that this version is very buggy and ask that sites hosting the download to remove it while he fixes the problems.

Veskgar
September 9th, 2006, 04:14
This is great! PSP Emulation is unstoppable and makes the PSP the best homebrew device. Emulation is my favorite part of PSP homebrew.

Thank you NJ for you long-time dedication to the PSP and all of your generous contributions.

razorak
September 9th, 2006, 04:19
ooo boy can't wait to test it out

samthegreat68
September 9th, 2006, 04:33
yes yes yes yes!!!!! YES! I just tried test 5 a couple hours ago, cant wait to try this!

salomon st
September 9th, 2006, 04:49
wat is a cps2???

Skye
September 9th, 2006, 04:53
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPS-2

samthegreat68
September 9th, 2006, 04:58
marvel vs capcom runs just about full speed at 1 frameskip!

Veskgar
September 9th, 2006, 05:02
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPS-2
Thanks for that link Skye! Its cool to see a list of games for the CPS-2.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what the BEST games for this are? If anyone who sees this post could list a few favorites I'd very much appreciate it.

opiate81
September 9th, 2006, 05:16
Well I mainly use it for marvel super heroes vs streetfighter, marvel vs capcom and the streetfighter games

I still havent managed to find time to play a proper psp game yet with all the homebrew thats around
great job NJ!!

jinqui242
September 9th, 2006, 05:29
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo sound is messed up with this version. Should I re-cache it? I tried changing the sound settings to no avail.

samthegreat68
September 9th, 2006, 05:41
Thanks for that link Skye! Its cool to see a list of games for the CPS-2.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what the BEST games for this are? If anyone who sees this post could list a few favorites I'd very much appreciate it.
thats what i was gonna ask.. i have only played marvel vs capcom. are there any good non-fighting games for this??

Bladestorm
September 9th, 2006, 05:51
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo sound is messed up with this version. Should I re-cache it? I tried changing the sound settings to no avail.

I've got the same problem. Did the sound work in the older versions?

Skye
September 9th, 2006, 05:56
Okay, I don't know what games are compatable with this emulator, but here are my favorite games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1944:_The_Loop_Master
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Matrix:_Hyper_Solid_Shooting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_Alpha#Street_Fighter_Alpha_3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puzzle_Fighter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_vs._Capcom:_Clash_of_Super_Heroes

emuking
September 9th, 2006, 06:16
the only game i play are the fighters, especially marvel vs capcom, hopefully capcom will release mvc on psp :D

jinqui242
September 9th, 2006, 06:47
I've got the same problem. Did the sound work in the older versions?

Yes, it worked on all previous versions. I'm going to re-run it through the cache tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.

Mr. Shizzy
September 9th, 2006, 06:55
Great, great news to see an update to this awesome emu! So is this just an update for eloader users or does this perform better on a 1.5 PSP?

Samthegreat- This emu is pretty much all about fighting games. Alien -vs-Preditor is a cool "beat em up" (side scrolling fighter) though; if your looking for a break from 1 on 1 fighters.

V3N0M
September 9th, 2006, 06:56
Great Release. Has he updated any of his other emulators recentaly? like cps1 or neogeo?

goldenmage
September 9th, 2006, 07:16
the only game i play are the fighters, especially marvel vs capcom, hopefully capcom will release mvc on psp :D

I hope that they'll release MvC2 for PSP! We'll already get MvC1 when the 3.XX fw is introduced, because it's a Playstation game.

pkmaximum
September 9th, 2006, 07:32
Man NJ and his work never siezes to amaze me =D

luis_05
September 9th, 2006, 07:32
dammit!! x-men vs. street fighter is not working! i get this error: could not open file."block _empty(cache block skip flags)"

it was working fine before, what am i doing wrong?

notaforumtroll
September 9th, 2006, 07:37
Cps2 Owns ****ing Hard!!!
Nice Work Man
Excellent
Rock On
One Step Closer....

Excellent Work

Pumped'Up
September 9th, 2006, 07:42
NJ, thanks soooo much. You are a no doubt one of the greatest PSP developers ever...simply unbelievable.

Baboon
September 9th, 2006, 09:42
I'm Going To Try This Now.

Thanks In Advance Though Nj For Another Great Update! :)

...you The Man!

Edit: Ive just tried it and it seems to run pretty smoothy - apart from:

In Marvel Super Heroes if your Spiderman and you perfom his 'web swing' I've found that his animation for his shadow gets a bit distorted and blocky on the bottom left hand side of the screen (and I'm sure this didnt happen in test 5).

I also get the same problem as everyone else with the music on Puzzle figter.

I havent reconverted any of these files though, they all just ran off the exsiting ones from my mem card.

Edit2: I just tried reconverting Puzzle Fighter with the new one supplied and its has made no difference with the sound for this game. :(

I'm sure NJ will rectify this in Beta2 though. :D

b8a
September 9th, 2006, 10:05
Hey guys, NJ has removed this update and is asking that any sites hosting the file remove it as well:

-Well, there are definitely problems with the CZ80.
There were just a few too many problems, so I've deleted the file. There is no projected date for the next release, please wait while I completely fix it.
If any one has reposted this file, please delete it.

Veskgar
September 9th, 2006, 10:11
Well if NJ says to wait, it will be WORTH THE WAIT I'm sure. He continues to deliver and impress with quality not of this world.

Baboon
September 9th, 2006, 10:16
Hey guys, NJ has removed this update and is asking that any sites hosting the file remove it as well:

Ahh bugger. :(

Well I've installed this version and it aint too bad... but thats cool if NJ wants to scrap it and start it again (I just hope it isnt too long a wait for a future release)..

razorak
September 9th, 2006, 10:32
remember what u told me before baboon...
sometimes perfectionists need quite a lot of time but as always, it'll be worth the wait :D

migsgiz
September 9th, 2006, 10:39
Anybody Got Some Nice Icon/bg/music For This
And How Come U Can Save On This(cps2) And Not Cps1

Baboon
September 9th, 2006, 10:51
remember what u told me before baboon...
sometimes perfectionists need quite a lot of time but as always, it'll be worth the wait :D

Yep, fair enough. :D

I'm just sooooo happy that NJ has made this possible for us on the PSP.

I'll try now not to keep looking on this site every 5 mins to see if theres been an update! lol

razorak
September 9th, 2006, 10:54
lol...increase that interval to about 30minutes would be fair enough...5min's just too quick..lol

aleborri
September 9th, 2006, 11:23
I tried this and didn't notice that speed improvement in Marvel vs Capcom at all with sound, however he's implemented the improvement when sound is off so now it plays great without it and you don't have to edit any files.

Thanks NJ you're awesome, can't wait for the next version :D

D0N
September 9th, 2006, 11:29
Excellent work yet again NJ! Keep it up!

Alucard
September 9th, 2006, 15:43
I wonder if he is using kernel access for the sound. If he was, then that should take the stress of the sound and allow for the emu to play at even better speeds.

I don't think he is if a game speeds up when you shut off the sound.

odino
September 9th, 2006, 15:45

Ok but this beta is incredible with sfa3, it run almost without lag now. :cool:

Ghartman
September 9th, 2006, 16:41
Wassup guys?Sorry to ask a dumb question but i'm new to the whole cps2 thing.How do you make the cache folder for the games?Thanks.:confused:

Hawq
September 9th, 2006, 16:58
Good thing I caught this news a little late it seems then. Also good I checked the entire thread before posting about it elsewhere.

Skye
September 9th, 2006, 17:28
I removed the download link at the authors request. =)

oblivioner
September 9th, 2006, 17:57
when extracted the zip, go to the converter folder, run the exe and select the zipped rom, it will create the cache folder automatically while converting the game

JKKDARK
September 9th, 2006, 18:28
I need to try this emu. Good news :)

kayhanbakid
September 9th, 2006, 18:56
marvel vs capcom runs very smooth at 0 frameskip and no sound. a huge improvement over the last release.

but i will stop using it until the next release. didn't hear about it until right now.

great work!

isamu
September 9th, 2006, 20:30
So all the CPS1/2 Beat em ups run at full speed/full sound?

10shu
September 9th, 2006, 23:23
I removed the download link at the authors request. =)

Hope he release the fixed version soon...I wan t to try it out with xmen vs streetfighter...:D

ACID
September 9th, 2006, 23:57
Hopefully the real beta will be out soon.

publicprivates
September 10th, 2006, 00:22
hopefully i will buy it soon. When willl it come out and at what price?

Zombo
September 10th, 2006, 00:37
CPS1-Save States
Neo-Geo- Sound for big games *Metal Slug 3-5*

Apoklepz
September 10th, 2006, 04:56
Anybody Got Some Nice Icon/bg/music For This
And How Come U Can Save On This(cps2) And Not Cps1

I hope you like this background...It's the one I plan on using, at least.

razorak
September 10th, 2006, 05:10
Wow....that looks good =)

ACID
September 10th, 2006, 05:12
I hope you like this background...It's the one I plan on using, at least.
That is very nice indeed. All you need to add is cps1 & cps2 seperatly. That will make it better or add some BG:D

Apoklepz
September 10th, 2006, 05:27
glad you like it guys...I scanned the original art from one of the Cacom books...cropped, resized and added the logo in there.

I've always gotten my fix majorly from Capcom games...I can't wait to get my hands on this emulator, once I get my PSP fixed with a new motherboard...SHORYUKEN!

BTW, can anybody find that theme chime song from CAPCOM and turn it into the SND0.at3 file for this emulator?

I'm talking about the song that plays when the little blue poligons come toghether to form the CAPCOM logo...this could be viewed in many of their PSone games...anyone remember this or know what I'm talking about?

Mr. Shizzy
September 10th, 2006, 08:08
I know what your talking about. You can find it here @ Shadow -evillink's threat. (Theres a AT3 thread in his sig. :D I'll also attatch it on this post for you. :)

SHADOWS THREAD:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25517

Festizzio
September 10th, 2006, 08:41
Ahh man I can't wait for the next version! :)

Panini
September 10th, 2006, 09:47
can someone create it and post it on herre so when u select the icon that cool capcom picture and sound is displayed? - similar to how someone posted it on this site for the gba emu? without havcing to flash the psp

ACID
September 10th, 2006, 10:09
can someone create it and post it on herre so when u select the icon that cool capcom picture and sound is displayed? - similar to how someone posted it on this site for the gba emu? without havcing to flash the psp
As soon as the new release is out i will do it. By the way the one your talking about was mine. :cool:

Panini
September 10th, 2006, 11:27
As soon as the new release is out i will do it. By the way the one your talking about was mine. :cool:

thankyou for that. :D

and thanks for the GBA one previously becasue it makes it look so much better now. :)

b8a
September 10th, 2006, 12:18
Just a quick update:

-For the time being, the fixes for the M68000 bug are finished, and now if I can root out the CZ80 bugs it looks like I'll be able to release the fix version. Upon reverting to test 5's Z80, the speed dropped quite a bit, so I'd like to stick with CZ80 as much as possible.

-The CZ80 bugs are also fixed, I've checked all of the opcodes and found problems with some cycle counts and flag math and have fixed them. Maybe I'll be able to release this tonight?

ACID
September 10th, 2006, 12:24
thankyou for that. :D

and thanks for the GBA one previously becasue it makes it look so much better now. :)
No problem mi little personal collection all 32 emulators i have are that way.:D

Baboon
September 10th, 2006, 16:04
If you click onto NJs page there is a CPS2 beta version that you can still download! ...or is this the same one he withdrew that he didnt want everyone to have?

Baboon
September 10th, 2006, 16:29
The version on his site now is defo different to the one that was released earlier today! :)

The two games I tried before that had bugs (Marvel Super Heroes and Super Puzzle Fighter) are now sorted! The animation bug that was on spdierman before has now gone, plus the sound is now fine in puzzle fighter! :D

I think the link needs sorting out again at the front of this thread. ...and if i'm correct he mentions that he has some sort of problem with CPS2 and that his next efforts will be concentrating again on his CPS1 emulator!

Ideal... thanks very much NJ, gonna test some more out now! :)

Panini
September 10th, 2006, 16:41
Yes just tried it from njs site and this new version seems to haven ironed out the previous bugs. Thank you nj. :)

Please Mr acidburn, can u post an eboot with the cool capcom background and sounds?

Pumped'Up
September 10th, 2006, 17:05
THANKS NJ, you are KING!!!!!

JKKDARK
September 10th, 2006, 17:19
great news :)

Panini
September 10th, 2006, 17:22
this guy does fantastic things for us on the psp, and its great if hes updating his cps1 next. :)

Zombo
September 10th, 2006, 19:18
What settings do you guys have (Marvel Vs Capcom,Street Fighter) Mine just goes the same speed as the last release.

Wingilot
September 11th, 2006, 23:01
Hey

I'm new to regestering but not so new to the psp hombrew scene. I have a lot of different emulators and applications on my psp, but I can't seem to get the whole ROM, Cache, and Converter thing figured out for the CPS2 Emulator. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Wing

Sargeantluigi
September 13th, 2006, 01:58
Im trying to install this and play mvsc and sfa3 but i have a big problem i go to games and memstick. It says csp2 emu with a nice picture next to it but when i click it, it says psp you know the oppening thing and then it stays like that i have to turn it off and on help plz ><?

ysazhang
September 13th, 2006, 14:44
great i like it