PDA

View Full Version : Sharks Seen Swimming Down Australian Streets

wraggster
January 19th, 2011, 23:03
As if the flood waters weren't bad enough for the people of Queensland, it now appears that there are sharks swimming in the streets. Two bull sharks were spotted swimming past a McDonald’s in the city of Goodna, Butcher Steve Bateman saw another making its way past his shop on Williams street. Ipswich councillor for the Goodna region Paul Tully said: "It would have swam several kilometres in from the river, across Evan Marginson Park and the motorway. It’s definitely a first for Goodna, to have a shark in the main street."

http://news.slashdot.org/story/11/01/18/1724200/Sharks-Seen-Swimming-Down-Australian-Streets

VampDude
January 19th, 2011, 23:29
I had to laugh... "swimming past McDonald's" (there's a joke somewhere). :p

I wonder where the sharks will go when the floods have been sorted? Originally, the people feared gators in the streets and near their homes.

wraggster
January 19th, 2011, 23:34
makes me glad i live on a hill, then again id rather put up with sharks than one of my neighbours :P

VampDude
January 20th, 2011, 01:00
I would love to have one in my back garden, but I don't think any flood would reach where I live to even wash a shark ashore. :p

There is more chance of a lion escaping the zoo, as seen on the ch.4 documentary last night about Britain freezing, where they had to break the ice to prevent the lions crossing their territory. :cool: