PDA

View Full Version : The M3\G6 Homebrew Support Petition

wraggster
September 9th, 2006, 11:28
Some users have took it upon themselves to start a petition to get M3 and G6 to support homebrew more on their flashcarts, heres what it says:

To: M3 Team, Homebrew Developers
The M3 Team is a group of devoted, well respected individuals in the NDS homebrew community, and their flagship products, the M3 and the G6, are the leading, most reliable solutions to date. Their efforts to maintain a high level of compatibility and quality is unparalleled.

However, recent events, namely a statement by a well respected homebrew developer to drop support for their products, have struck fear in the hearts of many M3\G6 owners and owners-to-be.

This petition has two goals:

1. Send a formal request to the M3 Team to work more closely with homebrew developers, release tools, libraries, and source code as necessary; and stop placing hurdles in their path, so that they may continue to support these great products.

2. Send a formal request to the homebrew developers to continue to support the M3 and G6 which are very popular solutions and are owned by many people, people who are eager potential users of your homebrew software, please don't cast us aside.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

We at DCEmu and DS Emulation put our weight behind the effort and urge all visitors to sign the petition also.

More Info (http://www.petitiononline.com/m3g6brew/petition.html)

infernomax
September 9th, 2006, 11:54
signed

Silas
September 9th, 2006, 15:42
signed

Solitude
September 9th, 2006, 17:11
Click the link beneath and sign in that link :D

Tiduas
September 9th, 2006, 18:49
Signed me too, ofc we must have homebrew for our M3/G6 =D

JKKDARK
September 9th, 2006, 18:53
I will sign ;)

boule
September 9th, 2006, 20:07
signed.

I will also "propagate" the news =)

mrio
September 9th, 2006, 23:02
signed with comment:

The reason I bought the M3 adapter, is because of the homebrew. So if there is no homebrew support anymore, it'll be just an expensive piece of junk!

biomechanic
September 9th, 2006, 23:17
great idea! G6 sucks on homebrew *signs*

Öhr
September 10th, 2006, 00:35
i allready started a petition! it has allready 32 signs...

uh never mind
*signed*

SSaxdude
September 10th, 2006, 00:48
I think my M3 does great with homebrew, but that's not the reason why I bought it.

ACID
September 10th, 2006, 06:56
And this is why i got a SUPER CARD LITE.

Payk
September 10th, 2006, 12:17
Hopefully that works. m3 theroeticaly could be as good as Supercard is. Just the homebrewpart sucks. Since i started with fatlib i always had problems with m3. So i moved over to KOSFS which works fine on all devices which have 32MB ram and which goe trough gba slot. But Ultra-Flash,NinjaDS, GBAMP, MK2/3 and more wont support this way of homebrew. Now fatlib seems to support m3 again and i would have to change filesystem again...

Best would be if all devices support KOS and FATlib as well. Most producers are just interested in selling their devices. In reviews never stand how well they support homebrew. Then PPL buy a m3 and after a time they get to know that there are better homebrew-devices. But in the reviews didnt stand anything of that. If the reviewer will take care of things like this in the future, that m3 team for example will see how favurite they are. And they would start to work on they disadvantages. So signing is one step for now. The other is for ppl who make reviews: Homebrew compatibility is important too. Maybe that all helps...

Silas
September 10th, 2006, 15:17
if the petition don´t take effect, Should we send e-mails for M3 Team? Looks as efficient as a petition online.

Tiduas
September 10th, 2006, 16:00
They are starting to add up, let´s hope this list make some difference to the M3/G6 team ^_^

Metal_Spirit
September 11th, 2006, 10:21
I agree with this petition and already signed it...

But what about another to make some versions of already existing software, like SCUMMVM, DSDOOM, etc etc to be re-released using reins fat 17?
Since fat 16 that support for the m3 has increased, and fat 17 should be even better.
What do you guys think of this?

iball
September 11th, 2006, 10:49
These online petitions never work, but what the hell.
Hopefully at least the NUMBER of signatures will ring a bell with M3/G6.
With over 400 signatures and rounding out the cost of an M3/G6 cart to $80 that's a possible $32,000 windfall for the company IF they decide to go ahead with just flat-out releasing the source for their drivers and encouraging the homebrew community to fully support their systems.

souLLy
September 11th, 2006, 12:16
I'm in

Payk
September 11th, 2006, 17:59
>>Metal_Spirit<<
What i think of it:
Devers make games/apps for fun. U can ask them on a nice way. But its something COMPLETLY different then m3. You already paid for it. I have read before that it supports homebrew and now you are dissapointed from their "support".

This petition has one (or more) aims:
It should be a time the devers doesnt have to care for which device they code. Because the manufacturer did his job well.

Whats clearly not the aim:
Devers have to buil many diffrent version of they game/app. With each update they make, ppl ask for supporting their device. At the end the dever has with each update 5 different builds of his rom. He/She doesnt find that funny anymore and gives up. Homebrewscene doesnt evulate anmyore.(Its a bit sarcastic, but on the other hand realistic too)