PDA

View Full Version : Open Pandora News - Suddenly, things move so fast

wraggster
January 20th, 2011, 23:52
News via http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2&lang=en

2011 was a good start for the Pandora.
A very good one. Finally.

It looks like the nub issues are finally resolved, and since then, production has been started and never stopped.
Nearly 500 more units have been shipped already (some more will follow during the next days), the next 250 PCBs have been shipped from CC to Craig two days ago, and Craig is already busy preparing the next 500 cases... while I am soldering LCD cables for the next 1200 units.

The official boards are bustling with activity (over 500 posts in one day!) and we got a lot of "Thanks for that cool device! I got it - and it was well worth the wait"-messages.
Thanks! It took us a long time, but it seems most issues are resolved and things are moving!

And the Pandora goes worldwide - looks like the first units have hit Japan and one of the preordered units got a review... okay, I can't read anything, but it has some nice pictures!

We're now actively working on getting Batch 2 organized, paid quite a few part bills, check the part orders, etc., while CC continues to produce boards... and we continue to assemble and ship units.
A stable 1000 units per month rate would really please us in the future, would be a nice continuation after all preorders have been shipped.

I also got the first samples of the new LCD cables and they look way more sturdy - and thanks to a layout change from Michael, soldering the speakers on can be done in a third of the time.
Looks like this will probably also mean the end of the purple haze. While it has been become rare, it still happens sometimes. And we want to eliminate that SOMETIMES as well!

The first batch of boards with broken nubs is leaving for Texas soon - so if you got one of the first units and one of your nubs is broken, it could be a good time contacting your distributor and ask when and how to handle the replacement.

Okay, that's it for now, I need to get back to solder more LCD cables!
Those who received their unit already: Enjoy it :)