PDA

View Full Version : 6.35/6.31 -> 6.20 Downgrader by Davee

wraggster
January 26th, 2011, 01:00
News via http://wololo.net/wagic/2011/01/25/6-356-31-6-20-downgrader-by-davee/

I know, I’m 24hrs late on this one… real life does that to people.

As he announced a while ago, Davee release a downgrader for people who are on OFW 6.35/6.31 and want to go back to 6.20. You already know it works, but I tested it for you on my psp3000 (Davee, I actually trust you so much that I didn’t even try on my phat before that )

http://www.youtube.com/v/-2FN14KoyvE

As you probably already know, we’re currently in a weird situation on the PSP scene, where two systems exist for Homebrew fans. One called TN Hen for 6.20 users, the other one is Hen Pro for 6.31/6.35 users.

Both these Hens (Homebrew Enabler) have pros and cons, support different plugins, have different homebrew compatibility. Let’s be honest, I was expecting one to take over the other, but that never really happened.

So, as a user, you are given a choice between 6.20 and 6.35. Of course, once on 6.35, you can’t go back, so if you don’t like this firmware, you’re kind of screwed…well that was true until this release. Now Davee gives you the possibility to test both 6.20 and 6.35, then choose which one you like…and change again as much as you want if you have lots of free time on your hands.

download/install
1.Download
2.Copy the “PSP/Game/downgrader” folder in the PSP/Game/downgrader folder of your memory stick.
3.download the 6.20 Firmware
4.Put the 6.20 firmware update in PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP
5.Run the “downgrader” from your PSP, and follow the instructions (wich consists in pressing “X” when asked to).
This is a nice utility (and impressive too, considering that Sony blocked the “usual” ways of downgrading in recent firmwares).

Davee’s Downgrader uses works from other devs in the scene, and the Readme gives thanks to bbtgp, coyotebean, kgsws, Silverspring, and Bubbletune.

The package includes full sources (and a README if the instructions above are not enough), what more do you want?

downgrading is a risky procedure, and if you mess up you can end up with a bricked PSP. This downgrader has been confirmed by enough people to work, but don’t downgrade unless you really need to!

godofinternet
January 26th, 2011, 02:02
yeah, i think i am fair enough with the psp v6.35 pro and i can even play psn games and isos... so i am happy.. i will not downgrade.. :) infact No BALLS!!! to do that... :(