PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5 To Sport Dual-Core Processors?

wraggster
January 28th, 2011, 00:33
Digitimes is reporting on the possibility of the iPhone 5 touting a dual-core processor. Not much of a surprise, considering that the new Android devices will be sporting such chips, and I don't see Apple falling short for competition. This means better gaming and video experiences, as well as a nice speed increase. We should see this migrate over well to the iPad 2, so we can expect to see upgrades on both devices.

With strong competition coming from Google devices, and other smartphones, Apple sounds like they are ready to up the competition once again. The iPhone 5 is expected to be released in the USA about June or July, (same months that iPhone 4 debuted last year), however it seems as though most of this ETA is mostly based on rumors, but then again, the iPhone 5 is a rumor all together.

Can we expect dual-core processors? Probably. Can we expect the iPhone 5 this year?

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/747019-iphone-5-sport-dual-core-processors.html

Wolfdawg
January 28th, 2011, 03:07
it better >:C
srsly the psp2 has 4

pkmaximum
January 28th, 2011, 14:18
it better >:C
srsly the psp2 has 4

I agree the NPG (PSP2) will certainly be better than a dual core iPad. Remember though the NGP will be released on the holiday season of 2011, so I wouldn't be surprised if April of 2012 or 2013 we get an iPad that sports quad core. Companies like SONY and Nintendo need to push out hardware that's going to stay on the market for 5-8 years; in other words, Apple is trying to make profit with the hardware they sell, where SONY takes a loss in profit to make up for it with software sales later on.

Fonixx
January 29th, 2011, 04:07
Just remember though the Ps3 has 6 cores compared to 360's 3 and it really isn't that much better, partly because that Cell processor is a nightmare to code for.