PDA

View Full Version : Sony sends out DMCA Takedown Notices!, Look out here comes the SUEnami

wraggster
January 29th, 2011, 00:28
News via http://gbatemp.net/t276797-sony-sends-out-dmca-takedown-notices

Judge Illston has granted the TRO against George Hotz despite the venue issue still being contested by Hotz's attorney. And I'm out of town. Since CMU has a west coast campus in California and is therefore subject to her jurisdiction, I have disabled my mirror until I can get back to Pittsburgh and look more closely at the current state of things.

Then early this morning DMCA takedowns started to get received by the various scene developers, first kmeaw, a good coder behind a working CFW, got one:

Quote:
<< kmeaw > I have just received a DMCA takedown notice

Next graf_chokolo, a now world-famous coder for his wonderful PS3 'decryption' skills, posted the following on Xorloser's Blog, that his GIT has been taken down by Sony:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlosers blog
graf_chokolo says:
January 29, 2011 at 2:04 am

SONY took down my GIT repo :-) Who still needs my source code just email me and i will upload it for you :-) Still working on ENCDEC reversing :-) It’s fun :-)

And recently KaKaRoToKS has tweet'ed that he also has gotten a DMCA notice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaKaRoToKS
Looks like github has received DMCA takedown and my repository are now unavailable Twitter

source

So are these people going to stand up for what they belive in or crawl under their beds and hide?

The suenami is coming.