PDA

View Full Version : Psardumper Mod With Signature Check Generation

wraggster
September 9th, 2006, 22:14
Dark Alex (http://dax.lan.st/) has updated his Psardumpermod, heres what he posted:

I added support to psar dumper to decrypt 2.80.
Decryption could be done thanks to remains of kernel stuff in the 2.80 user ram dumped thanks to the recent tiff exploit.

UPDATE: added signature check generation for each psp.

this release will now generate a unique flash0

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

gamesquest1
September 9th, 2006, 22:23
will this now be devhook compatable??

pspfan
September 9th, 2006, 22:32
Can't wait for a new DevHook to support this now :).

JKKDARK
September 9th, 2006, 22:36
Great news, thanks Dark Alex :)

zx-81
September 9th, 2006, 22:37
Excellent, Dark Alex you're awesome ! very good news :) !

mavsman4457
September 9th, 2006, 22:37
I'm not really sure how this is different from the previous news about the 2.8 decryption but as far as I'm concerned, any news concerning firmwares, decryptions, cracking, and exploits is the best kind.

gamesquest1
September 9th, 2006, 22:41
yeah well now distributing firmware dumps with dev hook is pointless now so i suppose their security has stoped some of the negative aspects of the hombrew scene which has caused problems for devhook in the past

Kvonx
September 9th, 2006, 22:53
yeah well now distributing firmware dumps with dev hook is pointless now so i suppose their security has stoped some of the negative aspects of the hombrew scene which has caused problems for devhook in the past
well sayin that can u jus guess the release date.........probably his afraid to release it:confused:

Veskgar
September 9th, 2006, 22:57
Yes, this does seem like another step closer to 2.81 firmware emulation. If I understand correctly the 2.80/2.81 firmware needs the unique key generated by each individual PSP in order to function so perhaps now we are able to do that.

And if this helps DevHook take less heat for not including all the files, that is all the better.

The accomplishments of Dark_AleX over the past couple months is beyond belief. Thanks so much Dark_AleX for everything you have done and are doing.

gamesquest1
September 9th, 2006, 23:05
well sayin that can u jus guess the release date.........probably his afraid to release it:confused:

well i reckon it wont be very long now even if sombody else managers to get it working.......i think there is now nothing stopping 2.80 emulation just need somebody to make a compatable devhook.....oh and i tried just putting the files in 2.71 folder and it dosnt work jus so nobody else wastes there time:D

eazy-e
September 10th, 2006, 00:41
dark alex is a genius

aries2k4
September 10th, 2006, 01:50
dark alex is a genius

my thoughts exactly.:)

sirhax0r
September 10th, 2006, 01:52
...oh and i tried just putting the files in 2.71 folder and it dosnt work jus so nobody else wastes there time:D
How very commendable of you. Now people wont have to waste their time.
The next devhook that comes out is probably be released sometime soon, and hopefully with 2.81 (Wow, what does THAT do?) decrypted, 3.00 may be next... unless Sony releases fw 2.90 which is VERY likely... And with GTA: VCS coming out, stuff like this are steps to defying Sony again...
Homebrew Forever!

Eonstar
September 10th, 2006, 18:33
I think that Dark_Alex Will Release A Eloader/Downgrader for 2.80 In a week PS. OMG ->

MaxSMoke
September 10th, 2006, 21:10
I hope this Firmware generator is *ALOT* easier to use then the last one. I tried for hours, dozens of times, and couldn't get a Firmware generator to work for the last release. I only got it functioning thanks to the SAINTS that run Project PSP, and their included firmware dump.

And the people here were NO HELP! :P

Not all of us spend our days programming and hacking the PSP. Those "easy to follow" instructions were worthless! It's fine and all that these more spineless websites want to cover their butt legally, but don't expect any love or respect for it. Offering a half-azz solution is no better then offering no solution at all.

crackkills
September 10th, 2006, 23:42
great news, but what does it do?

crackkills
September 10th, 2006, 23:44
and you know what max smoke. if your gonna dis everyone here you can just leave if you dont like this site. it will be better without people like you

aries2k4
September 11th, 2006, 00:10
Um, Maxsmoke. who´s asking for your love and respect? I find it funny you saying that you don´t spend all your time hacking the psp but you just have to use a program that doesn´t have to much use at the moment.
crackkills, this tool will be useful once a new devhook or other program that can emulate 2.81 comes out.

Video_freak
September 11th, 2006, 00:11
Awesome! Can't wait for 2.8 devhook! :)