PDA

View Full Version : Pandora News - Quick summary of the last week (2011 - 02 - 01

wraggster
February 5th, 2011, 00:33
News from the Pandora Team

Sorry for the lack of updates - I was pretty busy as you might've guessed.
I was working on building and shipping Pandoras as well as on the OS - Hotfix 5 Beta 4 is out, and seems to be pretty stable already. We're nearing for a final here!

Okay, back to building the actual Pandoras:

Things are still progressing nicely. The 250 PCBs Craig received have almost been assembled and the next shipment from CC is already on the way.
It's not the 500 they predicted but 300 PCBs, which is also a nice amount.

Why only 300?
You might've seen some posts about non-working shoulder buttons (which can luckily easily be fixed by yourself).
The cases are fine - but the L/R buttons weren't soldered very accurate. This lead to a LOT of manual labour (sometimes we needed 5 - 10 minutes per unit to get them working properly). And even with that manual labour, some didn't work properly after shipping.

We told CC to be more careful and accurate here, as this is very important. Well, not only are they more careful from now on, they also resoldered the boards they hadn't shipped to us yet - therefore, only 300 boards were ready.
Production is still without any stall, and we're really happy we're able to continue to ship more and more units.

Over half of Batch 1 is already delivered, which is pretty cool!

As usual, I'll keep you updated, but as it seems, it's still a smooth ride (finally) and no bigger issues occured.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/1419-quick-summary-of-the-last-week-2011-02-01/