PDA

View Full Version : Forums are far more quieter than I remember...

mesosade
February 5th, 2011, 09:20
Hey, Mesosade here, I used to frequent these forums often and it had booming userbase. But I've come on recently to find barely any activity at all. Is there a particular event which shunned the userbase off the forum or did I miss something completely all together? Just out of curiousity really because I used to love these forums.

Kaiser
February 5th, 2011, 09:44
Forum discussion was on the decline for the last year or so. The huge changes made to site in general in the last couple weeks has been an attempt to curb this. Traffic seems to be picking up even in the last several days. I have a feeling things are only going to get better.

Shrygue
February 5th, 2011, 11:05
Yeah, I hoping we will get some new active and regular posting users here. Maybe even bring back some old ones that haven't been around for ages too.

VampDude
February 6th, 2011, 12:19
There are currently 1600 guests viewing the forums, with about 10 or so registered users here at the moment... So hopeful thinking, would be to assume that at least 10% of the 1600 guests register and become active within our declining community.

Cloudhunter
February 6th, 2011, 12:39
I don't think there was one single event, it was just a decline. Personally for me the lack of unique news posts (no offence, but most of them were just copy pasted from other sites by wraggster) was a big turn off, and the lack of forum threads which weren't news in the recent activity. I didn't see any need to reply to the threads so I didn't.

However, as previously mentioned lots of people seem to "lurk" still (myself being one of them) so maybe this change will do some good! Hope to see a "revival" of the forum :-)

acn010
February 7th, 2011, 08:40
another thing which killed is the news bots clotting the forums, its just me i guess

Kaiser
February 7th, 2011, 20:25
another thing which killed is the news bots clotting the forums, its just me i guess

They were killed a few days ago.

Personally for me the lack of unique news posts (no offence, but most of them were just copy pasted from other sites by wraggster) was a big turn off, and the lack of forum threads which weren't news in the recent activity. I didn't see any need to reply to the threads so I didn't.

We're trying to improve on this, with more original content in the future such as Shrygue's 3DS story.