PDA

View Full Version : Another Outlet Pegs Wii Price At $150

wraggster
September 10th, 2006, 17:27
This time it's Vibe magazine, not normally a source for your pre-launch speculation, but still weighing in on what they think of the Wii. In a supplement to the main magazine titled VStyle, they have this to say about the upcoming Nintendo Gamecube successor.

Nintendo's Wii (pronounced Wee) has a crazy name and an even crazier premise--motion-sensitive wireless controllers that require you to flail about to control gameplay. But once you start whacking a virtual tennis ball using an actual swinging motion with your arm, you're hooked. Small, sexy-looking, and affordable, Nintendo's newest gaming system, which promises such motion-activated titles as Excite Truck and Wario Ware to Metroid and Madden 2007, is a winner. $150; www.nintendo.com
Do the Vibe editors have an inside scoop? Are they breaking an NDA? Are they just speculating? Is this just a product of research involving a Google search? We'll most likely know this Thursday, following Nintendo's media events, but I'm starting to lean more toward this low, low price as more than just rumor.

Shilo
September 11th, 2006, 01:05
would be awesome if the Wii sells for that cheap, but I don't think it will :(

Video_freak
September 11th, 2006, 01:07
I hope it's as cheap as a DS! :P