PDA

View Full Version : Pandora News - They really are producing!

wraggster
February 14th, 2011, 22:27
The Pandora which went on preorder over 2 years ago, still hasnt reached all those who preordered, but heres a newspost from Evil Dragon which may calm your concerns:

No blog posts doesn't mean nothing has happened - often, it's the contrary!
If I don't post anything it means that I'm stuffed with work... and exactly that happened.
Heck, I didn't even find the time to reply to all your eMails, so I spent about 12 hours this weekend to send you over 100 eMails back!
Well, what did keep us so busy, you might ask?
Pandoras! Building them! Hundreds! Yes, it finally has happened: The production has resumed late December, and it seems it's finally going as it should've been from the start.
There were still a few minor issues with the L and R-buttons (they had been soldered too far away from the plastic) which caused us more manual labour, but about 800 units have been shipped in January, and it looks like it will roughly be the same in February.
If this pace keeps up, we're finished with Batch 1 in March / April, and after that, Batch 2 should start right away.
The software archives are also piling up, there had been about 2 - 3 releases each day during the last weeks.
It's awesome to see how easy some things are to port.
As a lot of users now got their Pandora, there are a lot of nice reviews posted on the boards. You can find them all here. (http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/1632-user-reviews-aggregation-thread/)
So, keep up having fun with your units, we'll try to keep shipping the liitle Pandas to the waiting owners!

http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2&lang=en

Da_ALC
February 15th, 2011, 10:34
**** off! Nobody cares!

Kefka
February 15th, 2011, 15:18
I am so freaking glad I resisted the temptation to preorder one of these TWO YEARS AGO.
Rofl, I mean, after a year of following closely and waiting, here I am another year later reading this. I know it's a small team developing these, but it sure is taking them a while.

wraggster
February 15th, 2011, 23:36
yeah i must admit even i am disapointed by how long it has taken, i helped get them a lot of publicity, by sendng the news to every major tech website which im sure helped get them the majority of the 4000 preorders and i feel bad that theres so many who havent even recieved the console yet :(