PDA

View Full Version : ZAMN v 1.0 for FW 2.7+ or 1.5 with Devhook

Shilo
September 10th, 2006, 23:42
This my entry for the DCGP:

My first release at DCEMU :D I have been working on this flash game for about a month now, and when I read that DCEMU was holding a coding compo I decided I would enter it. This game is a shooting game based off of Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the SNES (one of the best games ever and I highly recommend you play it :D). The game is only 3 levels long with a fight with the evil doctor himself at the end. I would have liked to make it longer, but if it would be about 400kb bigger it wouldn't even load. There are a few glitches in the sound and it is sluggish in some levels do to the PSP Flash Player. And, sometimes if you play the game for a long time you will get an error message that says something about running out of memory. If this happens, just refresh the page. If you read the How to Play in the game refresh and your should not get the out of memory error until you play the game for a while (I was able to beat it twice with out this error). If you need help installing and running the game please refer to the read me included in the zip folder, and if you need help playing the game, select "How to Play" in the main menu.

If you find any bugs please either: PM me, email me ([email protected]), or post with a description of the bug.

While I did rip the sprites, SFX, and the music, they all belong to Konami and I do not claim ownership of them in any way.

I may make another game or two for the compo so look out for them :D

Thanks Everyone :D

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4082/screen1fo9.gif

Download and Feedback Via Comments

ninja9393
September 10th, 2006, 23:43
nice dude this looks sweet

JKKDARK
September 10th, 2006, 23:46
Great job, Shilo :)

ninja9393
September 10th, 2006, 23:47
nice dude i just played it and it is awesome

Video_freak
September 10th, 2006, 23:48
Wow! Looks awesome! :)

DragonPimpsta
September 11th, 2006, 00:25
Cool, i award you an A :D I love this game on snes

PlagueMusic
September 11th, 2006, 00:54
ZOMG! Zombies! Ate! My! Neighbor!
This game is incredible!
It seems you have a love over zombies. You should play this half-life modification called Zombie Panic!. It requires Half-Life to play but is free if you have half-life.

http://www.zombiepanic.org/site/index.php

hakibou24
September 11th, 2006, 01:31
Grate job Shilo, its in my favorites flash games.
10/10

Nikolaos
September 11th, 2006, 01:53
this game on snes rocks!!!

Shilo
September 11th, 2006, 02:37
Thanks for the good feed back everyone :D!!!!

NeoXCS
September 11th, 2006, 02:41
Yay, can't wait to try this! :D Good job Shilo! :D

inam913
September 11th, 2006, 03:51
Perfect game for me... I love killing... Espacialy zombies....;)

aries2k4
September 11th, 2006, 03:56
I havenīt really tried any flash homebrew, but this looks pretty good. Going to have to give it a try.
My 1st flash game, lol
good job!

ExcruciationX
September 11th, 2006, 04:58
Great work, Shilo!

quzar
September 11th, 2006, 05:36
While I did rip the sprites, SFX, and the music, they all belong to Konami and I do not claim ownership of them in any way.

Even though you don't claim ownership of the sprites, sfx, or music, that does not change the fact that they are not yours to possibly make money or win prizes with.

This isn't eligible.

benn
September 11th, 2006, 08:32
boo-rah!
genesis version was best!
game rocked though.
i still hook up with mates and play 2 player via wifi on our psps.

mr_nick666
September 11th, 2006, 08:54
boo-rah!
genesis version was best!
game rocked though.
i still hook up with mates and play 2 player via wifi on our psps.

No no no! SNES had the best version! ;) Got it on my PSP SNES emulator as we speak! :D Great game! :)

Congrats on this game - really well done :p

BL4Z3D247
September 11th, 2006, 09:03
No no no! SNES had the best version! ;) Got it on my PSP SNES emulator as we speak! :D Great game! :)

Congrats on this game - really well done :p
yes the SNES one was awesome, gunna d/l this...it looks really cool :)

ACID
September 11th, 2006, 09:30
Very nice will have to try it.

blackrave
September 11th, 2006, 13:35
Even though you don't claim ownership of the sprites, sfx, or music, that does not change the fact that they are not yours to possibly make money or win prizes with.

This isn't eligible.

Really? That's too bad. Such a great game would have a big chance of winning the competition. :(

Briggzy11
September 11th, 2006, 14:38
Shame this game could win any competition :) however having said that he does not own the sprites, music etc for the game, you need to rememebr that copyright expires after 10 years and this game has been out for 16 so LEGALLY he can use them and claim them as his own :)

EDIT:- Sorry its 20 years haha so ILLEGALLY hes using them haha

Darksaviour69
September 11th, 2006, 14:51
from wiki

US copyright
copyright term the life of the author plus 70 years for works created after January 1, 1978.

uk law differs and is more conplex but basicly

50 years after publication or 125 years after creation

every country has there own take on copyright law

hack.fool
September 11th, 2006, 21:49
ehy guys I can't make it work...I rename the file with 1 and the folder as the file..1 and copy it straight to the root.. so I type File/:1 but I got a connection error..
somebody help please!!!

Shilo
September 11th, 2006, 22:03
ehy guys I can't make it work...I rename the file with 1 and the folder as the file..1 and copy it straight to the root.. so I type File/:1 but I got a connection error..
somebody help please!!!

You have to put the swf file on the root (renamed 1 or whatever), then in the browser type file:/1.swf then it should work :D

hack.fool
September 11th, 2006, 22:24
thanx! I made it!!
really nice game.. it's look like when I shoot all that zombies in House of the death..:D

dublas1980
September 11th, 2006, 22:59
yiiiiiiiiippppppppppyyyy i love this game thanks dude :D

ric1992
September 11th, 2006, 23:32
This is the only flash game I play now:p

thefanaticgamer
September 12th, 2006, 00:06
i love you!!!

ninja9393
September 12th, 2006, 00:16
u know ur game is good whaen someone says i love you:p

red_sox32
September 12th, 2006, 00:54
You have to put the swf file on the root (renamed 1 or whatever), then in the browser type file:/1.swf then it should work :D

I did all that and it says the content cannot be displayed.:confused:

scarph
September 12th, 2006, 01:20
wow this is amazing, best looking flash game so far

quzar
September 12th, 2006, 01:37
Shame this game could win any competition :) however having said that he does not own the sprites, music etc for the game, you need to rememebr that copyright expires after 10 years and this game has been out for 16 so LEGALLY he can use them and claim them as his own :)

EDIT:- Sorry its 20 years haha so ILLEGALLY hes using them haha

from wiki

uk law differs and is more conplex but basicly

every country has there own take on copyright law

Even if copyright law didn't forbid it, being a privately funded competition, DCEmuuk reserves the right to put any restrictions they want on the entries, and it was pretty much agreed that you can't use copyrighted material without permission from the author.

EDIT: hrm i never noticed that vbulletin wasn't capable of doing nested quotes. oh well.

Shilo
September 12th, 2006, 01:43
u know ur game is good whaen someone says i love you:p

:eek: I'm gona double check all my doors and windows before I go to bed ;)

I did all that and it says the content cannot be displayed.:confused:

Are you using Devhook?

This isn't eligible.

Sorry about that, I didn't know that it would be a problem. But, I do see your point. I do have another Idea for a side scrolling game, that will use public domain sprites and not ones ripped from the game.

I'll give everone a hint about my new game: it is gona be based on my favorite video game off all time :D

lampin
September 12th, 2006, 03:07
sweet dude playin right now :D keep it up, cant wait 2 see whatz next

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 12th, 2006, 17:41
looks good!!!!! THX !!!!

red_sox32
September 12th, 2006, 20:49
[QUOTE=Shilo]:eek: I'm gona double check all my doors and windows before I go to bed ;)

Are you using Devhook?

Nope, unfortunetly 2.80.

Shilo
September 12th, 2006, 21:56
Are you using Devhook?

Nope, unfortunetly 2.80.

That sucks :( Do you have flash enabled?

red_sox32
September 12th, 2006, 23:20
yup, cant get it to work

Shilo
September 13th, 2006, 03:00
yup, cant get it to work

Did you take the swf out of the folder? Or leave it in the folder?

red_sox32
September 13th, 2006, 03:45
I left it in. i also tried extracting a new one but got the same results.

Shilo
September 21st, 2006, 23:58
I left it in. i also tried extracting a new one but got the same results.

Take the swf out of the folder completey and put it on the root of your MS.

saber26
November 24th, 2006, 23:22
i cant get it to work i put the swf folder in the root rename it to 1 and go to the web browser and type in file:/1.swf. and then it comes up that it connent canot be displayed?????????? i have a v 2.81 ?????? help plz plz