PDA

View Full Version : Pandora News - I said it would be a full English breakfast. You'd want comfort food.

wraggster
March 6th, 2011, 00:57
Craigix posted this news concerning the Pandora Project:

Hello everyone, Craig here,

I've been a little quite on the forums again, but worry not, it's entirely because I'm working all my conscious hours building Pandoras and iControlpads.

And I'm enjoying it. Your generosity with the order upgrades, iControlpad orders and $500 units has been, as always, fantastic.

The extra money has not only saved this project from forever limping along in to obscurity, it has breathed new life in to all of the core team.

Today I finally gave myself a few hours to really use my Pandora for the first time in *months*. With Hotfix5 I really feel we have moved in to a very user friendly and stable zone. I just want to thank those of you who worked on all the OS software in the last couple of years, I can't really put in to words what an amazing job you have done.

I'm now preparing to send out several units for reviews. They are not going to any mainstream magazines or websites. However they are going to the right places.

Solid support shall continue until we make the Pandora the absolute best mini computer in the world.

Those of you who are about to receive their units in the next 1.5 months (and there are a lot of you!) are in for a treat, you will be stepping in to a world of quality mature software - you all know we're sorry for how long it has taken to ship your units, but we had to get them right. Had we shipped all 4000 back in 2010 we would have gone bust due to returns.

Last week we refitted the assembly rooms with heat exchangers, air cleaners, new tools, new testing equipment, new storage, new shelving, new insulation, the whole lot. It is essentially now a professional set up, which we will continue to improve.

We are aiming to stay in this industry, and thanks to your understanding and support we are almost clear of the bumpy road.

The future is looking very exciting indeed!

Thanks,

Craig

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/2111-i-said-it-would-be-a-full-english-breakfast-youd-want-comfort-food/page__gopid__37985#entry37985