PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy to See a DS Explosion?

wraggster
September 11th, 2006, 16:44
Trusted sources in Japan are claiming that Square Enix is to bring a massive amount of new content to Nintendo's DS portable, including offshoots from some of the company's most popular titles.

The biggest rumour is that of a Final Fantasy XII side-story, exclusive to the Nintendo machine, that will be a full-price release and complete game, and is likely to be available within the next 12 months. Final Fantasy V has also been mentioned, which - according to reports - will be squished together with number VI in the series.

The Japanese rumour mill is alive with claims that updates of all pre-32Bit RPG offerings of both the former Square and Enix stables will be made available in re-worked and utterly buyable forms to owners of the DS, though at time of going to press, the big talk is centering around Final Fantasy XII being continued in portable form. FFXII has encountered criticism for its linearity and lack of imagination, with many fans expecting a more complete experience. It would seem that Square Enix is set to expand much of its franchise on a format that has surpassed all expectations.

Formal clarification is said to be scheduled for next month's Tokyo Game Show. We'll bring you updates live from the showfloor.

JKKDARK
September 11th, 2006, 17:06
wow amazing news :)

iball
September 11th, 2006, 17:23
Actually, FF V and VI are going to be ported over in all their full-blown SNES glory, similiar to how IV was done.
No re-work into 3d for them.

JKKDARK
September 11th, 2006, 17:26
But these games don't go the GBA? I heard it before..

brainpan
September 11th, 2006, 18:05
I too had read that ffv and ffVI would both be straight ports and released for GBA, BUT if SE did rework ff6 for DS than I just might have to buy a DS.

Himura
September 11th, 2006, 20:23
If FFVI has slowdown problems like FFIV on the GBA did, then I will cry. FFVI is my favorite RPG of all time. I'd like to see it redone like FFIIIDS. That would be wonderful.

iball
September 11th, 2006, 20:36
If FFVI has slowdown problems like FFIV on the GBA did, then I will cry. FFVI is my favorite RPG of all time. I'd like to see it redone like FFIIIDS. That would be wonderful.
Funny, but my FFIV GBA cart has no slowdown issues.

Eyedunno
September 12th, 2006, 02:42
Ironically, FFIIIDS does have some slowdown issues. It's still an amazing game though. I beat it the other day, but I'm still working on my jobs (yes, you can save after you beat it - ribbons for all!). Too bad I just moved, and I don't have wi-fi access right now. I'm just dying to get some Onion Knights.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 12th, 2006, 03:13
The slowdowns are just before battle for a sec.

Nothing bothering.