PDA

View Full Version : PS3 repairs. Any recomendations?

speak2joe
March 10th, 2011, 13:13
Hiya,

I'm after a repair company that will fix my PS3 without costing me the same price as the console itself! Any advice.

I'm going searching round websites, but thought I'd ask the people who know - namely, the people who play. You guys.

Thanks for your help

Joe

VampDude
March 10th, 2011, 13:52
Fix it yourself... You can buy parts on eBay, PS3's have a very easy working for repairs.

I repaired my fat model not so long after I purchased it used on eBay, my slim on the other hand is flawless.

speak2joe
June 14th, 2011, 07:00
I took your advice and I saved myself a packet! Cheers mate. Didn't think I'd be able to do it but I found a ting on YouTube. Speeded up "how to" on taking consoles apart and putting them back together again.

VampDude
June 16th, 2011, 14:11
I took your advice and I saved myself a packet! Cheers mate. Didn't think I'd be able to do it but I found a ting on YouTube. Speeded up "how to" on taking consoles apart and putting them back together again.

Repairing consoles yourself brings a good feeling to having it working again, which for me, I've repaired all the home consoles of this generation. :cool:

The next step, is to learn some cool modifications. Something like overclocking the fan, because I know from experience with the fat PS3, it heats up badly. My PlayTV unit killed a 500GB HD in my fat console just a few months back, as I decided to record non--stop one Saturday. :p