PDA

View Full Version : Sony's handheld is getting another reworking of a Prince of Persia console adventure.

wraggster
September 11th, 2006, 19:06
Today Ubisoft announced Prince of Persia: Rival Swords for the PSP. Developed by Pipeworks Software, a division of Foundation 9 Entertainment, the game builds on last year's console game Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, and features original content such as additional levels and new multiplayer modes. The game is scheduled to ship for holiday 2006 in Europe and in 2007 in North America.

In Prince of Persia: Rival Swords, the action hero currently known as Prince is heading home to Babylon, with Kaileena, the Empress of Time, in tow. The Prince is in a bad way after his adventures on the Island of Time. But instead of some R and R, he finds his kingdom ravaged by war and Kaileena the target of a brutal plot. Soon he is cast out on the streets, hunted as a fugitive, and the Prince discovers the Sands of Time have tainted his very soul. They have given rise to a deadly Dark Prince, whose spirit gradually possesses him.

For handheld players with friends, the PSP take on the latest PoP title will include one-on-one timed races through the game's levels. You can interrupt and impede your opponent's progress by activating switches that will trigger traps and obstacles. Rival Swords also includes new chariot combat levels that are instantly available from the main menu.

Via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/732/732031p1.html)

Emeriastone
September 11th, 2006, 19:58
Sounds good. I own the port of the second POP game and it was a fine game for the PSP. In my opinion these games rock and work well as ports for the psp.

Totalitarian
September 11th, 2006, 20:07
I hope Ubisoft actually employ BETA testers for this game.

I own Prince of Persia: Revelations (EU version) and the bugs in that game made my eyes bleed... as well as my PSP crash!

JKKDARK
September 11th, 2006, 20:33
Yeah, the latest Prince of Persia games are great.

Apoklepz
September 11th, 2006, 20:39
Great news...although I gotta admit the constant loading times on the first game were very annoying...I remember dumping my game into the Memory Stick and playing it from there, because this really irritated me.

Hope this second game doesn't suffer the same...But anyways, the Prince on PSP always rocks!

jinqui242
September 11th, 2006, 23:41
Even on memory stick, the loading times were still bad. Overall, it's a decent game, but very buggy. The only thing I hate about the second game is the constant backtracking. I got lost so easily. The third POP game is so much better. I wish they would also do the first one.

2007 for the US? I guess I'll be importing this holiday season.

M!ckeY
September 12th, 2006, 00:37
i need to try out some of these games :)