PDA

View Full Version : SuperDCision

elefas
February 18th, 2005, 15:32
Ah, finally found the secret place where dc developpers meet! :)

I need some help with my supervision emulator. I have three major issues:

1) sound (the original windows emu uses SEAL. I was told that it is easy to convert it to SDL but I have never worked on sound before)

2) make the emu running faster. Maybe discard SDL and use PVR (don't know if it is worth since the video stuff for a handheld like this is very primitive and DC should handle it without much effort even in SDL). Maybe some tricks from the emu experts speed things up.

3) I have a problem with the interface of the emulator. I want to return to rom selection menu when the user presses the START button and from there to choose another rom to play. I have done this but when a new rom is selected the emu does not initialize properly and does nothing. This problem is related also to the windows version (original). When you press ESC to return to the GUI and choose another rom, the application terminates.

So is any coder here willing to help me to overcome these difficulties? I would like to make this emu as much complete as I can. I know that emulating a crappy handheld may not be interesting from gameplay point of view but from a coder's view it is a sort of challenge.

I am expecting your help guys. If anyone is interested into please post to this thread.

Later tonight I'll post the link where the source code can be found.

eLefas

elefas
February 18th, 2005, 21:05
ok here is the source code: http://students.ceid.upatras.gr/~leuterat/superdcision_src.zip

it compiles with devcpp.

quzar
February 18th, 2005, 22:18
Wow, that code is confusing. What I would do, is pull all that stuff thats in the .h classes and shove them into C files. Also, if you are using any optimization at all (-O2) then i would not use what the emulator calls 'fast' whatever, which just has the loop fully unrolled. The pre-processor should optimize that better anyways. Basically you'll have to replace the file SDL_ptr.h with pvr stuff.

elefas
February 18th, 2005, 23:24
the 'fast' function is written by me as a test to see if things speed up. what about the sound? in the .dev file I have not included the sound .c .h files but they exist in the zip. Can you take a look at it? Also take a look at the _done() functions. most of them do nothing and I think thats the reason for problem #3 (in my first post).

Code is messy. Imagine how it was with all the windows code included!!!! And I tend not to code clearly ;D