PDA

View Full Version : Pimp My Wii 2.20

wraggster
March 20th, 2011, 20:46
News via http://wii.gx-mod.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3042

New version of "Pimp My Wii" a homebrew developed by Attila that will install the tracks that are missing or outdated and needed to install CIOS on your console.

The program will then detect missing or outdated IOS and also check that you have the latest version of the Wii Menu. It also verifies that you have the latest version of the BC and MIOS and the Shop Channel, Weather, News, Mii, Photo and Photo 1.1.
Pimp installs cIOS 38 (249) cIOS 57 (250) rev 20 and cIOS 202/222/223/224 rev5.1.
If you do not have the latest versions of these titles, the program will download or play them on a USB device or SD card to install them. Using this program you will have all the benefits accumulated from 4.1 to those of 3.2, and this without any problem!

The homebrew is automatically displayed in french or English depending on the language of the console. It is also compatible Wii NTSC-U NTSC-J and PAL (Wii Koreans theoretically compatible but ios specific for this version will not be installed).

New / fixed:

- Passage to last libfat SVN and SVN libogc (Pimp of the previous 1.8.3 was due to a bug introduced in libogc 1.8.4). This therefore provides corrections to libogc, including among others a better USB compatibility and stability fixes. __jf__ Thank you to the resolution of the bug libogc.
- Pimp Now whether you want to run trucha signed games on DVD on the disc channel and if you answer no, ios are installed and unpatched (except for the ios ios 36 and used by the menu system, because without it can not play another game or WiiWare wad on SD card via the SD tab). You always have the choice to put these patches a "Yes" if you wish.
- Fixed the return to the Wii Menu using a forwarder / a string.
- In case of crash download Title / ios, it will be retried 2 times.
- Added support for file names in letters WAD obtained with NUS Downloader for Mii Channel, Photo, News and Weather.
- Export of information is now on the USB drive if you do not have SD card inserted.
- Fixed a bug with minus and plus buttons (next and previous) in the selection of ios / titles to install.
- Fixed support Wad files misnamed.
- Added display of the IOS source, revision of the IOS source and version number of Hermes CIOS installed (ex: Source v5.1 IOS 57 rev 5661).
- Added display of the IOS source and revision of the IOS source cIOS Waninkoko and some IOS installed (eg IOS source 58 rev 6176). This lets you know for example if you have an IOS with a revision number changed (pimp modifies the revision number of ios stub as 60).
- From the "Wad" now prevents you install or uninstall a file format that is not WAD.
- Since the last priiloaders no longer need ES_Identify on ios used by the menu system, Pimp will not detect its absence as a problem.
- To hack the Wii, now pimp patch the IOS 36 instead of 15.
- This also fixes the fact that during the very first hack a Wii, CIOS 249 could not settle until after the 2nd passage.
- In the menu Wad file names are now truncated if too long.
- Clears the memory used after installation of CIOS.
- The patch downgrade es (es check version) is now also functional IOS for less than 28 (non-modular).
- If the Wii could not initialize (in case of faulty bluetooth module?) And if you do not have a GameCube controller, you can now use the power and reset buttons. Power = A, B = Reset This mode is disabled if there is no problem with Wiimotes.
- Added Korean IOS updating 4.3V2 (40, 43, 45, 46, 48, 52) in the part of ios "stubs" necessary.
- Increase the revision of IOS 41 installed to the latest release.
- Fixed some information displayed in exports "info".
- Fixed export of key "information" which in some cases was not done.
- Check if Pimp has full access (HW_AHBPROT). Otherwise, pimp you to use HBC and to position the meta.xml to function properly.
- Added another protection against the brig. You can not install an IOS stub if the menu system uses the IOS. To find yourself in this case would have you changed your menu system to use the IOS for example 16, because Pimp IOS installs a stub 16.
The only other possible case would be if you take the IOS 60 stubs, you change the name of the wad file and you change the version in 6174 in the tmd (version not stubbée). But here, you really look at Brick console ...
This protection is not implemented in the mode "WAD". So be careful with wads that you manually install.
- Various minor changes.
- Pimp version string (id PIMP) is provided.

Pimp My Wii 2.20 (http://wii.gx-mod.com/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=689)

Official site: http://www.wii-info.fr (http://www.wii-info.fr/news-2363-pimp-my-wii-2-20-hackez-la-wii-facilement.htm)

skoundrel
March 30th, 2011, 21:22
i installed pimp my wii because i wanted to use the shopping channel BUT after installing i go to the menu and click on shopping channel but it wont do anything!! what did i do wrong? can i get the shopping channel working again? my wii is spanish by the way.