PDA

View Full Version : Earache Extreme Metal Racing Now Has In Game MP3 Player...Cool

wraggster
September 12th, 2006, 01:18
New Press release:

Metro 3D are proud to announce a joint partnership with Archos, which is a global consumer electronics manufacturer and leader in portable digital entertainment solutions, the Archos 104 MP3 player will be used in EARACHE EXTREME METAL RACING as the in-game MP3 machine. Players will be able to choose tracks whilst playing the game.

Andrew Fellows, Northern European Marketing Manager, said: “We are very excited about this project. This is a first for Archos and the early screen grabs look great. The 104 is one of our brand new Generation 4 MP3 and MP4 players and EARACHE EXTREME METAL RACING provides Archos with the perfect launch platform.”

EARACHE EXTREME METAL RACING developed by Data Design Interactive for PlayStation2, PC and PSP all formats which will be due for shipping on*27th October 2006, the game will feature ten evil Earache racing teams burning a lot more than rubber through hell and other wastelands. Along with themed tracks from the combatants on the starting grid there’ll also be a plethora of extreme Earache classics making up the soundtrack of the game from such luminaries as Napalm Death, At The Gates, Cathedral, The Haunted, Hate Eternal, Cult Of Luna, Beecher, Urkraft, Anata, Mistress, Severe Torture and many others.

MaxSMoke
September 12th, 2006, 18:32
Ok, so Archos gets their music player in a game. I suppose that's good for advertising, although with a game this generic sounding, I think the game will benefit ALOT more then Archos will.

The really question that springs to my mind is the intelligence of associating Archos with the content of this game. This game is set in Hell, right? So wouldn't that make the Archos MP3 Player the MP3 Player from Hell??? Not a very good statement if you ask me....

Woot, 251 posts! Now I'm Regular.