PDA

View Full Version : What Homebrew Game Would You like Modded Next?

PSPdemon
September 12th, 2006, 04:15
Hello....

Thinking about going to another homebrew game to mod...

Any Suggestions?

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

P.S. - so far i have Turrican on my mind......but dont know yet about that.... i would rather make a mod for the masses that want to see a game "redone" ( gfx wise ).....just to keep yall happy :D

Feedback Via Cooments.

Briggzy11
September 12th, 2006, 14:45
Well I am editing ThemePSP at the moment lol yeh it really can be modded even the fonts...

...I would like to see a mod or 2 of that wedge racer I told you about :)...

jasonc
September 12th, 2006, 17:34
dounter strike or a shooting game

kando
September 12th, 2006, 17:43
Ketm!

PSPdemon
September 13th, 2006, 04:35
dounter strike or a shooting game

it would take me over a year to do a full mod for it ( each model takes me around a month to do....and a map to match the acual counter strike game would take me about a month....maybe more....( thats including build time and texture creation :p )

Ketm!

i accualy started on one......i might finish it up :D

pibs
September 13th, 2006, 04:48
Turican looks pretty cool can't believe ive never heard of it

im getting it for turbografx16

kando
September 13th, 2006, 05:22
i accualy started on one......i might finish it up :D

awsome ^_^ im workin on one....slowly....but im sure urs will rock, being an experienced modder and all =)

V3N0M
September 13th, 2006, 05:37
Well you could continue on trigonometry wars. Thats what the creator was hoping for. You could do some cool stuff with that. Actualy i was thinking of working on it myself. I have a understanding of coding and am improving it by taking a class. Were learning Visual Basic, then HTML, C to C++ and i plan on teaching myself LUA. And i'm teaching myself Graphix Design. But anyways i don't have enough time for it as i have a few ideas that i'm going to put to the test with my new coding skills lol. Its going to take a few monthes... But anyways enough about me lol. I think you should take up trigonometry wars.

JKKDARK
September 13th, 2006, 18:47
an new cool RPG :)

Freshmilk
September 16th, 2006, 17:34
TTR!
A lot of people said they'd mod it but non have, lol.

PSPdemon
September 16th, 2006, 18:12
TTR!
A lot of people said they'd mod it but non have, lol.

whats TTR? give me a link and ill look at it...

Well you could continue on trigonometry wars. Thats what the creator was hoping for. You could do some cool stuff with that. Actualy i was thinking of working on it myself. I have a understanding of coding and am improving it by taking a class. Were learning Visual Basic, then HTML, C to C++ and i plan on teaching myself LUA. And i'm teaching myself Graphix Design. But anyways i don't have enough time for it as i have a few ideas that i'm going to put to the test with my new coding skills lol. Its going to take a few monthes... But anyways enough about me lol. I think you should take up trigonometry wars.

ive been looking at that one for some time......i might decide to mod it.....time only can tell :p

"i accualy started on one......i might finish it up"

awsome ^_^ im workin on one....slowly....but im sure urs will rock, being an experienced modder and all =)

well..... i havent done much on it....but i dont know if i want to continue it yet......once again....all depends....

Turican looks pretty cool can't believe ive never heard of it

im getting it for turbografx16

hmm.....well....i tried to do one.....but i think vetta is taking care of the turrican mods.....so its best to leave him up to turrican while ill take care of the other games :D

anyway....my mind isnt made up yet.... so i am still lookin at posiblities...

Kvonx
September 19th, 2006, 04:21
Please try Smashgp.........just fix it up Every1 gave up on it and its a MARVELOUS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pibs
September 19th, 2006, 05:26
how about a xmen clonewars mod if that is possible, i played part two and always loved it but there was this bug that when u first start u get a random character and that was wack. or if not that, try a vectorman game that game would look sweet with psp grafx

how exactly can u mod a game is it from scratch or u need the source code? if i get a better explanation i can suggest better ;D

PSPdemon
September 19th, 2006, 05:36
how exactly can u mod a game is it from scratch or u need the source code? if i get a better explanation i can suggest better ;D

its more or less a GFX overhaul....

for instance....take throttle x mod v.2 for and example.... i changed all the gfx to what i saw fit...

thats what i mean...

Please try Smashgp.........just fix it up Every1 gave up on it and its a MARVELOUS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wouldnt mind............ but i dont know how to make my own characters......... once i figure that out.....THEN we might have somthing :p

pibs
September 19th, 2006, 06:42
is there tutorials for these kinds of things, i remember back in the day DCEmu had the tutorials in the homepage and i took a break from the site and they where gone when i came back ><

ill try a vectorman mod doesn't seem complicated for a noob ;D

ACID
September 19th, 2006, 06:46
Any RPG game will do.

razorak
September 19th, 2006, 07:02
i'll be happy wif any mod :D

Bear_XI
September 19th, 2006, 13:49
PSPdemon about making chars for SmashGP go ask Sousanator he has a site dedicated to Smash maybe he noes how to do one.

wraggster
September 20th, 2006, 01:35
id say smashgp too

wraggster
September 20th, 2006, 01:36
or that monopoly game of cools

Xiro
September 20th, 2006, 01:51
i vote for smashGP, but instead of just character mods, the game really needs work on the damage/physics system. Right now you dont go further based on the amount of damage you have total, just how much is done in one shot, so that really needs a fixing.

And of course, new characters and levels (possible remakes of super smash bros. 64) would be awesome

PSPdemon
September 20th, 2006, 02:01
okay.....so far i have in mind...

-SmashGP
-Monopoly ( i have always thought of themes for a monopoly gameboard :p )

i vote for smashGP, but instead of just character mods, the game really needs work on the damage/physics system. Right now you dont go further based on the amount of damage you have total, just how much is done in one shot, so that really needs a fixing.

And of course, new characters and levels (possible remakes of super smash bros. 64) would be awesome

well i would do more on the source code.......but i only know basic C/C++.....nothing to fancy for right now....

and i have a game i would love to make in C/C++ ( dont ask for the name of the project :p ..... its a secrect as of right now :D )

also.....i was thinking about making it look like 3d......or just a huge graphical overhaul....all depends.

PSPdemon about making chars for SmashGP go ask Sousanator he has a site dedicated to Smash maybe he noes how to do one.

will ask.......thanks for telling me :p

Xiro
September 20th, 2006, 03:19
if you could do 3d characters as in the N64 version i'm sure that another coder would realize the potential of the game and pick up the source. The only problem is if you do go the 3d route, your going to have to do 3d animation, which gets rather complicated

PSPdemon
September 20th, 2006, 03:23
well.....i mean a 3d/2d sprite art..... ( ive done it in the past and is the easiest way ( in my opinion ) to make 3dish sprites....

as for worlds......i dont know yet......i need to get a copy of SmashGP that doesnt have a bad zip header on it ( anyone willing to send me a copy of the newest one? )

~Tidus~
September 20th, 2006, 20:46
I would love an N64 homebrew emulator for the PSP (or the DS) that runs perfectly the game: the legend of zelda Ocarina of time. Now that would be cool.

Freshmilk
September 24th, 2006, 01:29
TTR - Table Top Rally, my game, lol.
link is in my sig

PSPdemon
October 5th, 2006, 23:45
K.

found the game i am going to mod.... but this time....ill let it be a suprise...

youll just have to wait... i hope that it turns out for the best :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Bear_XI
October 13th, 2006, 23:49
Demon what do you think about Doing a BOR mod it would be great.