PDA

View Full Version : Good Accessories

abeisgreat
September 12th, 2006, 05:37
So i was wondering if there are any good accessories(and where to get them)? I already have 2 light guns, 5 standerd controllers, 1 mad catz controller, and the fishing real.

Is there any other good accessories?

Shadowblind
September 12th, 2006, 05:38
For what?

quzar
September 12th, 2006, 06:23
Shadowblind... look at the section you're in ;)

abe, i would reccomend looking for some official jump packs and racing wheels. Those are about all that's left unless you wanna go into the next price range, where you'll find the BBA, SLA, DreamKara, DreamEye, Maracas, the pop 'n music controller, the Densha de Go controller, Twinsticks,....and a bunch of other things I can't think of. Here's a link with most accessories noted.

http://www.segagagadomain.com/hardware_page.htm

http://www.ntsc-uk.com/feature.php?featuretype=ret&fea=DreamcastHardware

Dull Blade
September 12th, 2006, 21:19
WHen you get acessorys, stay away for the noname brand ones (3rd party) they are always a lower quality. ex, my friend has gone through 3 3rd party GC controllers, I've gone through 1 xbox, 3 genesis, 1 n64, and 1 ps1. My genesis was from 92', and the original controller out lasted 3 3rd part ones, and the original controller was for 1st player use (in my house 1st player is used way more often).

beetroot bertie
September 12th, 2006, 23:24
The Sega/Agetec Arcade sticks are great for 2D fighting games and shooters and life wouldn't be complete without a set of maracas for Samba De Amigo.

You can get arcade sticks here:

http://www.direct4games.com/layout1.jsp?page=list&list=752&page=list&list=633&s1=93&s2cat=680&s3=1005&s3cat=&s3prod=&s5prod=94&title=Browse

Never used them before but this site appeared when I typed in www.telegames.co.uk which is where I did buy my arcade stick from.

quzar
September 13th, 2006, 00:05
WHen you get acessorys, stay away for the noname brand ones (3rd party) they are always a lower quality. ex, my friend has gone through 3 3rd party GC controllers, I've gone through 1 xbox, 3 genesis, 1 n64, and 1 ps1. My genesis was from 92', and the original controller out lasted 3 3rd part ones, and the original controller was for 1st player use (in my house 1st player is used way more often).

although that's usually good advice, there are many third party accessories (for all systems) that are either unique, or are actually higher quality than the official ones. For the DC the only example I can think of is the racing wheel, because the DC in specific used a very complex protocol for the controllers and memory cards.

Dull Blade
September 16th, 2006, 19:28
I should of mentioned that some are ok, I have a wireless logitech x-box controller ($60), which seems to work very good. I'll re word my previous post. Dont buy a 3rd party controller that is cheaper than the first party equivelent.

Christuserloeser
September 16th, 2006, 21:12
A Dreamcast without a set of 4 controllers, rumble paks, VMUs, and at least two arcade sticks is not a real Dreamcast. ;)

The Sega/Agetec Arcade sticks are great for 2D fighting games and shooters and life wouldn't be complete without a set of maracas for Samba De Amigo.

Amen. :)

I now am the proud owner of a PS1/2+Saturn-to-DC controller adapter (Total Control 5) - which is a very nice thing to own. Especially since it supports dancing mats for PS1/2 to be used on Dreamcast :)

Now I just need a dancing mat >_<

quzar
September 16th, 2006, 21:54
I like my topmax arcade sticks. They have rumble built into the stick =).

Christuserloeser
September 16th, 2006, 22:55
Sounds cool. I was thinking of buying some - there are a few out there with rumble built-in.

Then again I use my rumble packs with my original SEGA arcade stick - and they actually work with some games like Ikaruga ^^

Hey, even the X-Arcade is available for Dreamcast (without rumble support of course), but some mentioned that it's not that much of a good stick. Anyone got it to confirm that or to recommend buying it ?

Darksaviour69
September 18th, 2006, 09:42
i got the X-Arcade last xmas, but i have never got round to playing with it ( + i have to buy a dreamcast adaptor which is like £50)