PDA

View Full Version : NES DS help please

guitarmonkey
September 12th, 2006, 14:54
hello

i dloaded the NESDS emulator from here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30670

i have followed all the instructions and made a .nds file from the original .nes file using the ndstool and makends.bat

all good so far.

i uploaded them to my CF card and booted my DS Lite.

when it loads i open the folder and click on the game.nds file.

it loads NESDS (black screen with 'nesds' in top right corner) but then says 'no roms'

can you please tell me what im doing wrong. i even included the original .nes file of the game in the folder.

:D

thanks

Qerppsmmnx
September 12th, 2006, 17:58
some games don't work, and i know that some of the Players don't work with the WIP version. So try using the other one, I'm assuming you're using the Work In Progress one, the normal NESDS works great for me. So try that out.

Jesster
September 12th, 2006, 19:28
It would help if you posted what flash cart you're using.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 12th, 2006, 20:32
Did you just build a normal one and put a bunch of NES roms in with the emu?

That's perfecto for me.

But PocketNES...K is the BEST.

2 zips, one is the PocketNES menu maker, the other is the PocketNES...K GBA file.

Pocketnes K has speedhacks, and PRO ACTION REPLAY CODES! For PAR codes, go to http://www.thegshi.org/
All the codes there are PAR unless it has a -GG next to the game name.

metroplex2k7
September 12th, 2006, 20:37
What I discovered is that the 1Gb SanDisk Ultra CF card doesn't work with NESds for a few people (myself included). Are you using MMP, MMD, g6, m3, or supercard? That helps solve the problem better.

guitarmonkey
September 13th, 2006, 09:11
thankyou for your replies.

i am using the MaxMedia Dock with a 2gb toshiba CF card.

its the first problem i have encountered. i even got the SCUMMVM working and am halfway through Monkey Island !!!

:)

guitarmonkey
September 13th, 2006, 09:37
Did you just build a normal one and put a bunch of NES roms in with the emu?

That's perfecto for me.

But PocketNES...K is the BEST.

2 zips, one is the PocketNES menu maker, the other is the PocketNES...K GBA file.

Pocketnes K has speedhacks, and PRO ACTION REPLAY CODES! For PAR codes, go to http://www.thegshi.org/
All the codes there are PAR unless it has a -GG next to the game name.

thanks for these links, but when dloaded the README file says that it is for the GBA and not the DS.. how do I make the emulator playable on my DS Lite ?

Qerppsmmnx
September 13th, 2006, 09:54
It would help if you posted what flash cart you're using.

I imagine you saying this with you're Thirteen-Year-Old-Pride. I'd imagine you didn't mean to, as the beneficiary of the doubt, I don't take offense. But sure i'll put it down on my signature DOOD.

Jesster
September 13th, 2006, 17:20
I imagine you saying this with you're Thirteen-Year-Old-Pride. I'd imagine you didn't mean to, as the beneficiary of the doubt, I don't take offense. But sure i'll put it down on my signature DOOD.

13?? Try swapping those digits. And I wasn't talking to you, so I don't know what you're getting uptight about.

-=The Jesster: Gatchaba Goose=-

ACID
September 13th, 2006, 17:31
Oh its great tyo have a supercard you just put your NES games in a folder and presto. No emulator needed.

Jesster
September 13th, 2006, 19:31
Oh its great tyo have a supercard you just put your NES games in a folder and presto. No emulator needed.

Yeah, but nesDS is much better than the old PocketNES built into the supercard. I just wish someone would fix it so save-state worked on SCLite.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 13th, 2006, 21:00
Just download a new PocketNES binary, man. Not hard.

Jesster
September 13th, 2006, 22:38
Just download a new PocketNES binary, man. Not hard.

No, not hard, but even the newer PocketNES builds don't:

-Use the full DS screen
-support turbo buttons
-have a touch-screen options interface
-support rewind/fast-forward.

Don't get me wrong, PocketNES is a really good emulator, but its built for the GBA. NesDS is much nicer if you're running it from a DS anyway. If only save-state worked on all cards...

aww
September 14th, 2006, 02:54
What I discovered is that the 1Gb SanDisk Ultra CF card doesn't work with NESds for a few people (myself included). Are you using MMP, MMD, g6, m3, or supercard? That helps solve the problem better.

that is my set up (1Gb SanDisk Ultra CF and the Max Media doc)
I thought it was the MaxMedia doc and not my CF card.

I recently purchased a Game Boy Advanced Player CF and I tought it would fix my issues. It hasnt come in yet so I havent had the chance to test it out with the 1Gb SanDisk Ultra CF card.
So sould I not expect anything great. I mainly want to run NitroTracker.

I also was able to convert a .nes file to a .gba file