PDA

View Full Version : GR213 help

Akat
September 12th, 2006, 15:34
has anyone here try with Holux GR213 (mouse GPS receiver) yet? i have all the diagram, but still cant connect anything.. it was like halfly give up already... please help me

deniska
September 12th, 2006, 18:12
You'll have to be more specific and detailed if you want people to help you...
Things like: which cables/ conectors did you use, how you powered the unit, which program did you use for testing, etc...

lewbacca
September 12th, 2006, 18:30
it is very important that u have the data sheet.. there are important things about the pinout.

u will need to use the output wire from the gps. there should be only one.
this is a diagram of the pinout
http://www.lewbacca.de/files/holux213pinout.GIF

relying on that scribble i think you have to solder the 1st pin to the psp's rx pin.. correct me if i'm wrong deniska :/
only thing you have to determine is the output voltage and calculate the resistor you will have to use.

the gps will send nmea sentences to the psp.
these sentences are supported by mapthis.

Akat
September 12th, 2006, 18:48
hi,

im sorry about the detail... that is the pinout i meant (thanx lewbacca)... actually the device works fine when the indicator steady for a moment and then blinking state that the position is fixed... im using mapthis V0.2 and change the baudrate to 4800, with no UMD in the compartment and wifi off... and also the fakefeed set to 0... even i try the GPSlim236 Eboot also cant receive any info on lat and long that im on...

the diagram is like this...

pin 1 (GPS) -> 1k -> pin RX (PSP)
pin 4 (GPS) --------> pin ground (PSP)
pin 5 (GPS) --------> +5V (dc adapter)
ground (GPS)** -----> ground (dc adapter)

** note that this is not the same ground wire as pin 4, this is another ground wire from within the cable..

am i doing something wrong here? or anything should i do to make it works?

lewbacca
September 12th, 2006, 19:08
u dont need to change the boudrate. afaik the device works at the set boudrate too..

Akat
September 12th, 2006, 19:48
hi,

i did try with 38400 before... but still... dont know what else should i do...

lewbacca
September 12th, 2006, 19:51
did you test the wires with a multimeter?

Akat
September 12th, 2006, 19:54
yes... the voltage is around 0 to 5 volt jumping up and down... but most of the time is 3 to 4 volts...

Akat
September 15th, 2006, 20:48
i got negative voltage from the TX (GPS)... is that normal?

deniska
September 15th, 2006, 22:05
Did you try it with "green screen" program?
If not, you probably want to start with it, before you move to MapThis (in case of unconfirmed connection/data)
I think there is a 4800baud compiled binary for it somethere in these threads..

Akat
September 16th, 2006, 18:21
deniska... there was 2 pins for RX, RS232 and TTL, which one is the best to tap on?

Akat
September 17th, 2006, 17:21
deniska, would u mind if i send u the unit and u test that out?

deniska
September 18th, 2006, 16:02
hi,

im sorry about the detail... that is the pinout i meant (thanx lewbacca)... actually the device works fine when the indicator steady for a moment and then blinking state that the position is fixed... im using mapthis V0.2 and change the baudrate to 4800, with no UMD in the compartment and wifi off... and also the fakefeed set to 0... even i try the GPSlim236 Eboot also cant receive any info on lat and long that im on...

the diagram is like this...

pin 1 (GPS) -> 1k -> pin RX (PSP)
pin 4 (GPS) --------> pin ground (PSP)
pin 5 (GPS) --------> +5V (dc adapter)
ground (GPS)** -----> ground (dc adapter)

** note that this is not the same ground wire as pin 4, this is another ground wire from within the cable..

am i doing something wrong here? or anything should i do to make it works?

From the diagram, posted above, should not you connect pin2 (not 5) to +5V dc adapter?
I would also try:
pin 3 (GPS) -> 1k -> pin RX (PSP)
in case pin 1 does not work...

deniska
September 18th, 2006, 16:05
deniska, would u mind if i send u the unit and u test that out?
Sorry, but I really have no time for this now....