PDA

View Full Version : 3DS flashcarts

unseen4ce
April 3rd, 2011, 07:50
Do the flash carts designed for the dsi work with the 3DS, do you just need the card or do you need a mod-chip as well (for the dsi, or perhaps someone has already hacked the 3DS).

Really looking for somewhere to begin, as I just got the 3DS and would like to understand and be directed to "the basics" of hacking this system. I am in a PAL territory.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Ziro
April 3rd, 2011, 08:25
i just bought my 3ds a few days ago. I did a lot of reading I'm gonna save you from by telling you I concluded that the Supercard DSTWO is the best flashcart to go with. I think I spent under $50 even after shipping (maybe shipping was free?), and I got a microSD 2GB card with it, and I think it also came with an adapter so my computer can read that microSD card. But I havn't even received the product yet so I can't tell you from personal experience.

unseen4ce
April 4th, 2011, 10:53
Thanks for that, I agree completely, although the compatability is less then the r4. The r4 has already been hacked for the 3DS whereas the Supercard still hasn't released the update last check, although they were sucessful. I suppose I should post a site for others which has a beginners "how to" at gbatemp.net.

I hope they hack it for more then ds/dsi mode in the future.

I want the Supercard as well, it has emulation for snes and gba. Thanks for the info, it helped alot and did save me alot of time getting started.

Here's a vid on the supercard and 3DS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bqd3YoXrlw

Ziro
April 5th, 2011, 18:08
although the compatability is less then the r4. The r4 has already been hacked for the 3DS whereas the Supercard still hasn't released the update last check, although they were sucessful.

I'm a little confused by what you're saying. SuperCard released it's updated firmware about a month ago. They've succeeded. They released it. And they're selling it installed on their flashcarts.

That's why I don't understand what you mean by saying the SuperCard DSTWO is less compatible than the r4. While browsing store websites and forums, you may be mislead into thinking the SuperCard has to be modified by using a pre-3DS model in order to make it work on a 3DS. That is probably true, but the store does that themselves before shipping it to you. In other words, my SuperCard DSTWO arrived in the mail ready to use on my 3DS.

Also, I just got mine yesterday and started using it. It's pretty awesome. It probably does everything you need it to do and more.

There are NO flashcarts which can play pirated 3DS games (and I havn't even heard any storeis of people modding their system to make it play 3DS roms), which makes the homebrew community look better. The old argument is "We just wanna be able to do lots of shit with our system, unlocking its potential. We're not stealing games.", and this time it's actually true... for now.

tl;dr : Need a flashcart for your new 3DS? I recommend the SuperCard DSTWO. It can do some stuff the other carts cant.

alukadoo
April 21st, 2011, 08:38
AFAIK the 3ds can only run ds games no matter what flashcart you use .

These famous nds flashcart like Acekard 2i or Supercard DSTwo both have the ability to run on 3DS .

I got acekard 2i (http://www.slickgate.com/acekard-2i-ak2i-141-compatible-for-3dsnds-litendsindsi-xl_p1800.html) from Slickgate , works like a charm , they even flashed the frimware for me .

Mr Plow
April 23rd, 2011, 15:42
I currently have the original DS (pre lite) using a M3 DS Simply, I'm about to purchase a 3DS. From what I've read the M3 Simply isn't compatabile with the 3DS? I've read mixed review about the current generation of flash carts, so I could do with a little advice? I understand it's not possible to run 3DS roms (yet), but do we know if the current 3DS compatible flash carts will be capable of running them in the future or is it worth waiting? I don't want to fork out for a new flash cart to be told in a matter of weeks/months that it's not compatible with 3DS roms.

Thanks

BlueCrab
April 23rd, 2011, 17:25
I currently have the original DS (pre lite) using a M3 DS Simply, I'm about to purchase a 3DS. From what I've read the M3 Simply isn't compatabile with the 3DS? I've read mixed review about the current generation of flash carts, so I could do with a little advice? I understand it's not possible to run 3DS roms (yet), but do we know if the current 3DS compatible flash carts will be capable of running them in the future or is it worth waiting? I don't want to fork out for a new flash cart to be told in a matter of weeks/months that it's not compatible with 3DS roms.

ThanksSimply put, I'd wait until they find a way to actually get homebrew running in 3DS mode. There's no point to getting a flash cart for it until then, especially with Nintendo's anti-flashcart sentiment (even for legal uses).

Now, if you're talking about for playing commercial roms, that's against the rules here.

Mr Plow
April 23rd, 2011, 21:29
Thanks for the reply. I've been and picked up a 3DS along with a couple of games. The 3D takes quite a bit to get use to, but all our existing DS carts work fine.

I'll take your advice and wait until 3DS mode has been accomplished.

Many thanks

Ziro
April 30th, 2011, 14:55
You guys are crazy. Wait till it works?

What are you expecting the 3DS homebrew to be able to do that the DS homebrew cant?
If there is anything, think about how long it'll be till you get that.

Just shove a damn flashcart into your 3DS already, why don't you?

The only reason you should avoid it is if you KNOW you've outplayed all the flashcart has to offer in previous DS models.
Have an old DS model with a flashcart that you're using to avoid running it on the 3ds? You should have traded that DS to save money on your 3DS or to buy a 2nd 3DS.

Support the console.
Support the homebrew scene.

Emudude
June 2nd, 2011, 04:02
As Stated above, I updated my AceKard 2i to work with my 3DS. It works like a charm, but only plays what the AceKard 2i plays on the DSi, DSi Lite and DSi XL. No 3DS apps have been created for it yet. It only works in DS Mode. Maybe in the near future, we will see 3DS Mode stuff work.