PDA

View Full Version : Format holders have level playing field in next-gen battle - EA

wraggster
September 12th, 2006, 17:12
Via GIbiz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19628)

All three next-generation format holders are expected to have an equal footing in the next-generation console battle, according to publisher Electronic Arts.

In the eyes of the world’s largest games publisher, Sony’s traditional dominance of the home console market will not continue in the face of the launch of Nintendo’s Wii and the steady growth of Microsoft’s Xbox 360.

“Over the course of the new cycle, EA expects a more even playing field among the three video game consoles in contrast to Sony’s dominance during the previous two cycles,” said Colin Sebastian, senior research analyst at Lazard Capital Markets.

The publisher has also expressed minimal concern over the delayed launch of the PlayStation 3 in Europe, according to Sebastian.

“EA management does not appear surprised by Sony’s announced delay of the PS3 launch in Europe, though we believe there could be a few tweaks to EA’s launch line-up.”

“However, we do not expect a meaningful impact on the fiscal year outlook,” he added.

With the playing field levelled, publishers and retail look set to benefit from three strong performing consoles.

“Based on our conversations with EA, we maintain our overall positive view of the company, specifically the prospects for healthy long-term growth,” said the analyst.

“According to EA, the retail channel remains relatively clean ahead of the important holiday selling season,” said the analyst.

Galiano
September 12th, 2006, 23:30
personally i'd take the opinion of the doddering, senile, 95 year old woman who lives at the end of my street over anyone at EA. The company that ruined the James Bond game franchise and released a game based on the catwoman film.

They really should keep to making sports games rather than giving an opinion on a console war that hasn't even started yet!?

markymark1
September 13th, 2006, 09:21
Obviously u dont like any of the NFS games then Galiano.

The console war has definately started, it started years ago when the first thoughts were being planned out for it, the only thing is, it is getting to the good bit now :p

Galiano
September 13th, 2006, 17:28
Obviously u dont like any of the NFS games then Galiano.

The console war has definately started, it started years ago when the first thoughts were being planned out for it, the only thing is, it is getting to the good bit now :p

spot on Don't like them but i do understand why people do, its not a bad game just not to my taste, i just think the majority of ea games are rubbish. compare them to say ubisoft who over the last year or so have released some killer games for all systems.

if it was a ubisoft representive who made the comment i'd of respected their view but it was EA and they suck
(catwoman, goldeneye rogue agent, batman begins need i say more?)

And the Console wars haven't quite started yet.
The trenches are dug and the rations are being handed out but there are no reported cases of gout or malnutrition but it'll come soon