PDA

View Full Version : Ridge Racers 2 Released for PSP

wraggster
September 12th, 2006, 18:13
New version of the awesome racing game:

http://image4.play-asia.com/170/PA.70264.012.jpg

Ridge Racers 2 contains 24 courses found in its predecessor, as well as all the courses until R4, to make a total of 42 courses, a record high for the series. Not only drifting feels so thrilling, but the operation is still so easy and simple, and the graphical changes are refreshing as well. Exterior appearances like courses and cars are not only realistic but the sensation of speed has also been increased. In addition, another feature of Ridge Racer is the temporal use of nitro to accelerate after accumulating sufficient charge from drifting. Using this, not only can the winning gap be widened within a short while, but one can also turn defeat into victory in critical times.

http://image1.play-asia.com/640/PA.70264.007.jpg

Ridge Racers 2 for PSP™ is available today as Japanese language Version Asia release at US$ 42.90 only. The Japanese Version is expected later this week, an English language Version Asia release is on preorder to ship later this year at a yet unconfirmed date. Also on preorder is the Ridge Racers 2 Direct Audio soundtrack album.

More info and tons of screenshots here --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-bl-49-en-84-j-70-1i7s.html

gamesquest1
September 12th, 2006, 18:19
whats with that funny little map lol

look lol it has no relavence to whats on the screen AND its crap.......did sombody add that on themselves????

Apoklepz
September 12th, 2006, 18:21
I hope it supports an update that Devhook can work around to run it on 1.50.

I preffer the Gran Turismo series to this any day, but I've always been a fan of the arcade style racers like Ridge Racer...I'm probably getting this, since the first one was kinda limited.

The little map is one of Namco's really old games, so it's probably homage to that...I guess it pops up to warn you that sombody's tailing you...I think it's crap too.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 12th, 2006, 18:26
Whats the FW on this anyone know been looking on newsgroups for it not posted YET !!. *UPDATE* has just been posted will report on FW required.

Requires 2.71 so if u import devhook with 2.71 is fine ;)

Apoklepz
September 12th, 2006, 18:47
Shucks! thank you very much, Eggman.

JKKDARK
September 12th, 2006, 19:41
Ridge Racers rocks!

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 12th, 2006, 19:47
cool, i like ridge racer!!!!!!

ACID
September 12th, 2006, 19:48
The pic gave me a headache trying to focus to the middle. LOL

geise69
September 12th, 2006, 20:21
I've been a fan since I first played the classic in the arcade. When I found out it was a psx release title it made me preorder my psx. Ridge Racers made me order my japanese psp at launch. A sequel to this game is what I've been waiting for. It might not be the best racing game but to me it's the most fun. I just wish they'd bring the old announcer back.

Apoklepz
September 12th, 2006, 20:25
You mean..."My Grandmother can drive better than you!!!!"

That guys a riot...But I would preffer if they had an option to shut him up, cuz it gets annoying sometimes.

Physicist
September 12th, 2006, 21:07

look lol it has no relavence to whats on the screen AND its crap.......did sombody add that on themselves????

its not a map at all, from what iv gathered it pops up to demonstrate how to overtake (or its just a lame thing to distract you while you overtake)

nonetheless the ridge racer before this wasnt impressive and this one looks 100% the same...

Muhu
September 12th, 2006, 22:04
Ridge Racer is pretty cool. I think ill buy this game when it finally comes to america.
http://games.kikizo.com/media/scea_conf_2006/01c.jpg
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACER :D

SteveV2
September 12th, 2006, 22:18

That little feature was in the 1st one too. Was kinda an info bar telling you what polace you need to finish in, what lap times you did etc.

It was the originals (psp) mini game at the start up :)

shrimpidy
September 12th, 2006, 23:49
ridge racer is cool with drifting and everything with a large variety of cars and tracks but it isn't realistic enough. Now i just play the one i have if i dont feel like playing most of my other games.

emuking
September 13th, 2006, 00:07
Whats the FW on this anyone know been looking on newsgroups for it not posted YET !!. *UPDATE* has just been posted will report on FW required.

Requires 2.71 so if u import devhook with 2.71 is fine ;)

this was my first psp game and i loved it, im going to import soon :)

slayer2psp
September 13th, 2006, 00:45
its a great game been playing it for the last hour not much has changed looks a little better and a lot more tracks

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 01:09
Wow this game looks awesome! :)

kcajblue
September 13th, 2006, 01:09
the first ridge racer is really hard.

donne
September 13th, 2006, 01:17
Any other racing games can be arguably best or number one or whatever. But RR series stands to be the most fun of all. Gotta got this one ! Err.. When it's said asian version.. In what languange it is ? Asian consist of hundreds of nations..

whitey75
September 13th, 2006, 03:44
kcajblue the first ridge race was one of the easiest racing games I've ever played. I love the graphics driving and gameplay, but the game was wayyyy to easy. I hope they fix this for the next one.

kcajblue
September 13th, 2006, 04:12
did you beat even the levels where it said that only a small number of people out of like a million beat it.

pibs
September 13th, 2006, 04:37
Man i love these games, it was the reason i bought psp in the first place when it came out.

whitey75
September 13th, 2006, 10:53
In all honesty I played through many levels and never came anything but first by miles, in the end I gave up due to boredom. Like I said, great game, they just need to work on diffculty in races.

SteveV2
September 13th, 2006, 17:59
the first ridge racer is really hard.

Hehe, agreed, the white angel is a right ******* to get. Don't have it yet, do have the pacman car and the black one.

Haven't played it in a while, been hooked on BOF3 :)