PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi v0.1 Re-made & Re-coded

D0N
September 12th, 2006, 19:16
Hi all!

This is my first attempt at LUA!

I've gotten far but not that far! :D The code has been re-written and approved by zion so there are no arguments and so it can be entered back into the DCEmu compo!

Thanks to:-

zion for the animation code.
teamhalo444 for the forest background

Here's what it includes:-

-Animation
-Jump
-Attack
-Shurikens
-Splash Screen
-"Level 1 Start" screen
-"End Of Demo" Screen
-Health Bar
-Eboot Form (No need for LUA Player!)

More coming soon!

Where are all the people now that said I was talking bs? I mean what I say!

Download And Give Feedback Via Comments

This is for PSP Firmware Version 1.50 only. I forgot to change it :o

EDIT: There is a bug with the Shurikens...he only fires one way...this will hopefully be fixed in the next version.

Zion
September 12th, 2006, 19:18
Yep, ive looked and approved the code with dawd, the only code of mine that is being used is the animation code as allowed and specified.

Good luck dawd :p

D0N
September 12th, 2006, 20:12
Thanks zion! In the next version there will hopefully be enemies so people who are playing it can actually interact in the game! Also the shurikens bug as stated in the first post of this thread will hopefully be fixed.

bronxbomber92
September 12th, 2006, 21:26
Glad ya got everything starightened!

D0N
September 12th, 2006, 22:25
Yeah so am I! :D

yaustar
September 13th, 2006, 03:04
I rechecked over the code
- Zions animation code is there as approved
- Evilmana's Jumping and Shooting code is there WITHOUT credit
- Why is my coding style in there for the health bar? AFAIK, no one else pre fixes variable names with the variable type besides me. It also doesn't match the coding style of the rest of the code.

Beyond code taken from other sources, there isn't much that is original besides the implementation. Of course this only can be told due to the fact that I can see the source, if this was in a complied language, I wouldn't have seen any of this.

I am also giving BOD since this is version 0.1.

JKKDARK
September 13th, 2006, 03:42
keep the good work, man ;)

Kaiser
September 13th, 2006, 03:54
I rechecked over the code
- Zions animation code is there as approved
- Evilmana's Jumping and Shooting code is there WITHOUT credit
- Why is my coding style in there for the health bar? AFAIK, no one else pre fixes variable names with the variable type besides me. It also doesn't match the coding style of the rest of the code.

Beyond code taken from other sources, there isn't much that is original besides the implementation. Of course this only can be told due to the fact that I can see the source, if this was in a complied language, I wouldn't have seen any of this.

I am also giving BOD since this is version 0.1.

Hmm

I'm not to happy about this. Until we sort this out your entry is in limbo again dawd.

quzar
September 13th, 2006, 04:42
Also, who made the shinobi sprite?

D0N
September 13th, 2006, 18:16
Ok, since this thread was originally locked I asked DarkSaviour to unlock it so I could tell everyone what's going on...In the Private LUA forum I have stated that in the next release evilmana will be credited for the jumping and shooting code, and yaustar for the health bar code (which is yet incomplete)

Yaustar also said that I can continue working on it.

Also I am re-making the sprites myself and DarkSaviour was ok with this. So this means that the game can continue and is re-entered into the compo yet again. :)

yaustar
September 13th, 2006, 19:45
Be warned, if I do see something that doesn't add up again, this won't blow over as easily as this time.

D0N
September 13th, 2006, 19:58
Don't worry..you have my word this time and thanks :)