PDA

View Full Version : Pac-Man chomping iPods

wraggster
September 12th, 2006, 20:38
For the better part of a year, rumors have run amok that Apple was getting into games. In May, GameSpot was told by a tech-sector recruiter that former LucasArts developer Mike Lampell was heading up a group inside Apple's storied iTunes division, which was recruiting "C/C++ coders with a 'gaming background.'"

Today at a "special event" held by Apple in San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, Apple finally made it official. As of today, games will be available for download on the company's popular iTunes service. The cost per game will be $4.99, the same price as many Xbox Live Arcade games.

Ironically, many of the iPod games Apple is offering are already available on Xbox Live Marketplace. Foremost among them are Namco Bandai's arcade classic Pac-Man and the puzzlers Bejeweled and Zuma, both from PopCap Games. Other available titles are Texas Hold 'Em, Mahjong, Vortex, Mini Golf, and the mother of all puzzle games, Tetris. "Each game plays perfectly on your iPod using the intuitive click wheel as a controller," according to Apple.

Unfortunately for owners of older models, all Apple games are playable only on fifth-generation video iPods, which were released last year in 30GB and 60GB versions, and the new models announced today, which will be on store shelves in 30GB and 80GB flavors in October. The new iPods will retail for $249 and $349, respectively, will be 30 percent thinner than their predecessors, and will sport screens that are 60 percent brighter and have higher resolution. iTunes will soon offer movie downloads as well.

skater9269
September 12th, 2006, 23:01
I have been playing pacman on my Ipod for along time now using rockbox.

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 02:43
Nano not inlcuded! :(

kcajblue
September 13th, 2006, 02:47
my ipod broke then was thrown away. :(

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 02:50
Sorry to hear that... :(