PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Plus

wraggster
October 20th, 2004, 12:28
i see that DC steve has gotten Mekaniazer to have a looksy over the Genesis Plus emulator

<wraggster> what did mekanaizer fix?
<dcsteve> sound flows perfectly
<dcsteve> and the counters are fixed in games, so no lose 1 life anf u go from 1-99 lifes...

Sounds interesting, now i know that steve and Meka are waiting for your opinion and approval which is great as we dont want to go down the reaper road.

Lets hope this will happen more in future as all devvers join together to help each others in the areas they specializre :)

wraggster
October 20th, 2004, 12:29
i cant wait to have mr blackauras opinion :)

BlackAura
October 21st, 2004, 01:52
In other words...

Upgraded to later C68K
Tweaked sound code to fix the static thing

I can't remember exactly which one they're using. One of them has DAC sound disabled (not emulated), so it'll miss out a load of drums, the entirety of the sound from Afterburner 2, and any voice effects like "Se-Ga!" in the Sonic games. The other version did have DAC emulation, but worked a little differently.

I have a bin of it, which I haven't tested yet, but no source at the moment. Regardless, I'm not going to do another release for a little while, at least not in public. Basically, I need to finish re-writing the rendering code, because I now know what I need to do to make it work correctly. That should be enough to get rid of most of the graphics-related problems. A lot of games still won't work correctly, but a lot of those that almost work correctly should work nearly perfectly...

wraggster
October 21st, 2004, 11:17
very nice