PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Thrower 0.47

wraggster
April 25th, 2011, 00:32
Bolt Thrower 0.47 released by Titmouse

Bolt Thrower is currently single player Space Shoot 'Em Up. It’s still work in progress & hopefully a new version will be release once every 2 to 4 weeks. Every effort is being made to detach game data from the code, being 'data driven' anyone can change the look or functionality of the game. Basically a XML configuration file is used rather than hard coded data that’s locked into the code - that would just be plain silly. Please submit your ideas, bug reports or anything else via the discussion page if you wish to help in some way.
Version 0.47 of Bolt Thrower is now released - see change list - Don't forgot you can use arrow down to drop mines For this version I was hoping to use more 3D models in game - I had spend a long time modifying a Viper space craft I had found from 68980 polygons / 73793 points to something more usable for computer game, I ended up with a count of 6903 polygons / 3961 points . The original had used planar mapping which I updated to use UV textures instead and obviously the polygon count was way too high as the model was well designed and extremely detailed – shame I had to downgrade it. This whole process took me ages, especially the UV mapping.

Changelog

Ver 0.47 - 23/04/2011

Added enemy gunships - just noticed I forgot to add these to the radar, my bad
Added bigger mine explosions
Added a controls menu screen - (will add more later to pick other control methods)
Updated main menu - now shows a 3D WiiMote in the background
Updated Credits - now shows a 3D Viper (MK2) in the background
Reduced amount of enemies
Updated enemies movement logic - speedy enemies now find it harder to lock-on
Update Intro screen - camera view glides in 3D space
Added Camera catch-up the player's craft - the player craft will now drift away from the centre
Added some new 3D models - Viper (MK2) & Wiimote
Updated 3D object code to use all the layers in a Lightwave object (lwo)
Bit of code refactoring (reworking internal design), hopefully everything will still work the same
Download Here
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=395