PDA

View Full Version : iR Shell 2.2 Final

wraggster
September 12th, 2006, 23:17
AHman (http://www.irshell.com/index.html) has released the Final Version of his amazing shell for the PSP, heres the news

iR Shell 2.2 Final is released. The is the final release of iR Shell and thank you for everyone's support. I hope all of you enjoy using iR Shell as much as I enjoyed developing it. Goodbye!

Heres the full release info

Version 2.2 Final Updates:
==========================
New Features:
1. The Homebrew directory can be customized under iR Configurator. You can change it from original /PSP/GAME to anything you like. Pls note if you relocate the homebrew directory, XMB won't be able to launch them.
2. You can now organize your homebrews into various sub-folders, such as:
Emulators
Games
General Utilities
WiFi Applications
This will help to organize your homebrews and make it easier to locate a specific one easier. It also helps to speed up the APP view. The sub-folder must be in the syntax of "$name$". The 2 dollar signs are used to signify this is a folder which contains various homebrews.
3. The File Manipulation has been updated for the APP view, so that you can create, rename, delete directories as usual. Pls note when you create directory under APP view, you don't need to put dollar signs and the system will add them automatically.
4. A new PMP Mod AVC 1.02M plugin by Magelo is included. In order to avoid conflicts with the original PMP Mod 2.02. This new AVC plugin will use extension name "AVC" which means you'll have to rename your pmp avc files to name.avc. The original PMP movie files will still be name.pmp.
5. A new beautiful skin "Vista Clarity" by PSPHax0r9.

Bug Fixes:
- Fix a bug which cause the inability to launch a 1.5 UMD game from iR Shell.
- There was a bug in the previous public release which caused "hide splash screen" under iR Configurator not working. It's now fixed.
- A log file "debug.txt" in the root directory has been accidentally left in the previous public release. You can manually remove it.

Special Thanks:
Finally, I would like to thank you for all your support, especially those that has actively contributed to the project, like AnonymousTipster for his Zip & Rar plugins and redesigned the iR Shell website. Various beta testers for their valuable suggestions and stress testing to make iR Shell as stable as it is now. StoneCut being my favroite and professional tester. His test reports are really impressive and well written. Sometimes it makes me wonder whether he spends more time in writing the reports than the time I spend in development. StoneCut is also very dedicated in helping moderate the forum and help out newbies. Torpie13 for his generous donation for the www.irshell.com domain and free T3 hosting service. All those talented graphics artists, including Triable, Skydew, Terdinglage, Numeror, PSPHax0r9 and other skin makers for giving iR Shell a face lift from the original dull looking interface. And also different plugin makers and their original authors to make full use of the iR Shell plugin system. Their contributions are highly appreciated.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

StealthCP
September 12th, 2006, 23:24
hehe, excellent...

Great that it is final, no longer need to update 30 ppl's psps :D

watupgroupie
September 12th, 2006, 23:35
hehe, excellent...

Great that it is final, no longer need to update 30 ppl's psps :D
ya same goes for me. all my friends are like computer illiterate but they like the nifty little aplications so i have to update ever single one so anoying.

zevernos
September 12th, 2006, 23:36
aww cool does this work with the new tiff exploit for 2.6?? if not can u make one that will work?

ACID
September 12th, 2006, 23:43
Great work very nice

hardcorgamerxxx
September 12th, 2006, 23:50
vary cool i will try it once i get a new psp (mine got stolen):mad:

emuking
September 13th, 2006, 00:01
vary cool i will try it once i get a new psp (mine got stolen):mad:

they usually sell old used ones that you can downgrade, also this ir shell is the best and only shell worth using, good job ahman :D

ICE
September 13th, 2006, 00:04
this is and add-on and doesnt touch your flash memory right???

Airdevil
September 13th, 2006, 00:10
:( cant believe its now stopped tho.... its been a really great app from the begining and i have followed its progression to this point. I am sad that there is going to be no more development on this.

This and devhook are the 2 single best apps for the psp atm, no question.

Xiro
September 13th, 2006, 00:11
hallsguitar that is correct.

ICE
September 13th, 2006, 00:14
hallsguitar that is correct.
thanks. this is the first time im trying irshell so im just making sure there will be no flash messed with. i hope its as great as devhook.

pkmaximum
September 13th, 2006, 00:34
Wow this app has always been very great to me, and i was thrilled back at V2.1 when i found out about the 1.0 eboot support. Hopefully we can eventually see more great plug ins for IR Shell to be made. Its too bad though on how IR Shell is now goingt o end its production =[

By the way is IR Shell open source?

Kvonx
September 13th, 2006, 00:39
I agree with airdevil...it will b sad i luv IR shell even dou it did have move in file manipulation, gud job it will b missed!!!

zevernos
September 13th, 2006, 00:43
aww its ending so ther will be no hope for a irshell for a v2.6 psp?

ICE
September 13th, 2006, 00:52
i need help. after i unzipped it i put the "psp" folder on the root and let it overwrite and everything but where do i put the folder called"IRSHELL"??

ICE
September 13th, 2006, 00:57
i put "IRSHELL" in the root dont i..........

felonyr301
September 13th, 2006, 00:59
never tried it now is a good time to go ahead and give it a whirl but i guess in behalf of all thanks for the hard work and always giving us homebrewers so much.

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 01:00
Awesome update Ahman! We appreciate all of your fabulous work! :)

kcajblue
September 13th, 2006, 01:08
IR Shell is awesome

PlagueMusic
September 13th, 2006, 01:52
yes, put IRSHELL in the root.

zevernos
September 13th, 2006, 02:03
will no one answer my question??

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 02:04
aww its ending so ther will be no hope for a irshell for a v2.6 psp?
Maybe if it's open source? :confused:

ICE
September 13th, 2006, 03:03
its not open source so sorry no 2.6 version............. oh and can you run ir shell behind games that require firmware higher than 1.5?

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 03:06
Out of luck....

masterpsp2.6
September 13th, 2006, 03:10
can some one email me on where to download IR remote codes and where to put them on the memory stick so that the shell can read them???
[email protected]

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 03:13
Just go to http://www.irshell.com/
Go to the downloads section. ;)

pkmaximum
September 13th, 2006, 03:27
It sux when you don't know what hex code works with your tv, and then there are like hundreds of them for that one model =[

masterpsp2.6
September 13th, 2006, 03:31
it say to unzip to ms... is that the game folder or the root??

ICE
September 13th, 2006, 03:33
i cant get any of the ir codes to work on my tv........

NoQuarter
September 13th, 2006, 03:53
Look for the model number on your remote control

Great job Ahman,gonna miss the updates to this one though.
Appreciate all of your hard work!

Kvonx
September 13th, 2006, 03:56
WTF.............i rename daedalus and changed the skin and now i cant go into my games menu,,,,it just freezes:confused: :confused: :confused:........................................ ...........found da problem!!! i jus had to replace daedalus with the original:D

razorak
September 13th, 2006, 04:00
i haven't been able to use even 1 version of IR Shell yet....sigh...but once eloader has kenel mode i believe i shud be able to use it...eventually :)

masterpsp2.6
September 13th, 2006, 04:05
hell yeh i jus got me IR remote codes working!!!! controlling dvd,tv,vcr,and stereo surround sound thanks for the help great app!!

drew4237
September 13th, 2006, 04:35
i use irshell 2.0 as a remote but this sucks that there arnt gonna be new releases. he should make it open source so other people that want to update it can and then share ti with people like methat have no clue on how to code, i will in a few years cause im going into programming so i will learn c++ and all of the other coding types.

thumpa
September 13th, 2006, 04:48
love the 1.0 eboot
since i have a 1.5 psp

EvilDooinz
September 13th, 2006, 05:07
Ahman what a bummer.
Is it that you are totaly finished with the project, or moving on to another.
Please dont tell me it was thouse idiots at the neo site dising your app that made you wanna give it up.
We all love your work here at dcemu so pelase tell me it's another project.

crackkills
September 13th, 2006, 05:07
great app, im gettin this for a friend without internet but it works great

luis_05
September 13th, 2006, 05:39
This and devhook are the 2 single best apps for the psp atm, no question.

I agree with this dude, its a shame, but thanks to ahman for this great piece of homebrew, sheer genius!! thanks a lot dude!!

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 05:40
Ahman what a bummer.
Is it that you are totaly finished with the project, or moving on to another.
Please dont tell me it was thouse idiots at the neo site dising your app that made you wanna give it up.
We all love your work here at dcemu so pelase tell me it's another project.
If it's needed, he'll add to it. ;)

ICE
September 13th, 2006, 05:46
well i tried every code under RCA and dish network and none of them worked for me. is there a way i can add in my own codes for stuff?

kcajblue
September 13th, 2006, 05:49
if you mean make your own remotes. then
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/
i forgot how to make a remote. but i know that you can use notepad to make/edit remotes.

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 05:50
Cool. Thanks for the info/link kcajblue. ;)

kcajblue
September 13th, 2006, 05:51
no problem Video_freak. :D

Mr. Shizzy
September 13th, 2006, 09:46
...first PSMonkey "retires" ; and now IR SHELL is no longer updated.:(:( (not to mention Booster seems to have dropped off the radar) All huge losses to the PSP Homebrew Community.
Anyways, I would like to send out a big THANK YOU to Ahmen for all the work he's put into this awesome shell. You've pushed the features list about as far as it could go. (Hell this thing will cook you dinner if you hold in L and press up + X, lol -JK) Really though; this app is amazing. If anyone with a 1.5 hasn't tried this you need to! It's so great that I've set it to auto-load when I boot up my PSP & hold "X". (I use HarleyG's 0.2) It's hard to argue, that this is definently one of the greatest PSP homebrews of all time. :D

mr_nick666
September 13th, 2006, 09:46
This is possibly the best app for the PSP... :) Thanks for all the great work :D (I especially love it for the snapshot feature - makes advertising MODs easier ;) ) May it live on my PSP until it turns to dust in my hands! :p

dejkirkby
September 13th, 2006, 11:00
Great app Ahman. Thanks for all you've done.

Baboon
September 13th, 2006, 15:35
I’ve never tried this out before (and its on a final release now :eek: ), but considering everybody thinks this app is absolutely amazing I think I’d better rectify that! :)

I cant download it till later tho. :( Does anybody know if this recognises the renaming of 1.5 files to %_SCE_ and _SCE_ (I know its something like that). ...and does the IR come preloaded with remotes or do you have to download them?

blackrave
September 13th, 2006, 15:47
Congratulations on your final iRShell release. Ahman.
I love your application and use it daily. I wake up using the alarm function and play music while playing my UMD and homebrew games.

With this new version I can even put my apps in subfolders, which I've always dreamt of.
It's a little sad that this is your final release, because I like to see new functions and features.

Thank you!

ayhoung
September 13th, 2006, 16:05
no!!! hell no!!!! i hate goodbyes!!!!

Veskgar
September 13th, 2006, 17:54
I’ve never tried this out before (and its on a final release now :eek: ), but considering everybody thinks this app is absolutely amazing I think I’d better rectify that! :)
Same here! With all thats been going on with PSP homebrew lately I have put this on the back-burner. I think now is the time.

zevernos
September 13th, 2006, 21:49
can someone try to make a version or another type or irshell for 2.6??

Baboon
September 14th, 2006, 11:35
I finally got to try this yesterday, and I was not disappointed! :)

I haven’t used the IR function yet, but I can see the potential I could have with it with my TV/DVD etc. It’s a shame that this is the last version of the app though, but it does seem pretty polished. :)

fistikuffs
September 14th, 2006, 12:45
Guys did i read somewhere that this has a compatibility issue with X-Flash or am i confusing this with something else? I'd like to try it but i love x-flash!

ICE
October 10th, 2006, 06:18
is there a way to get it to play wma files?

TacticalBread
October 10th, 2006, 23:23
Could someone try to port this to where it will work on 2.71 SE please? or will it even work on anything other than 1.5?

NoQuarter
October 10th, 2006, 23:29
I believe the compatibility issue with x-flash has been resolved