PDA

View Full Version : boob.co.uk

Darksaviour69
October 8th, 2004, 08:26
boob! has become obsolete, between the 2 dcemus and dchomebrew and dcevo there is no need for another regular news site.

what do u think of boob was to be come a online resourse for dc coders. currantly i think the scene is bit of a mess ffor developers, there is no one site to get all the info on developing for the dc (is there? )

i don't have ftp access to boob but i will ask th gyspy and cyrus if i can update (redesign ) boob. but only if:
1: it wanted/ needed
2: i get help from coders cause i don't know much about coding for the dc and what i do know is probably wrong

what u guys think?

quzar
October 8th, 2004, 08:44
I think a centralized site for all the DC dev tools, tutorials and sources for games, emulators and apps would be a great thing.

souLLy
October 8th, 2004, 10:32
cyrus and the gypsy dont want the site redesigned... i asked them before if the wanted a snazzy site but they said no, the sites designed for quickloading and small file size... but you can ask still. your other ideas wouldn't hurt though.

Ian_micheal
October 8th, 2004, 19:41
Would be nice if this site might taken on such a thing?

LyonHrt
October 9th, 2004, 06:09
Would be nice if this site might taken on such a thing?

You never know, right now i'm just working on the design side, but once thats done, its just a case of getting the content side done.

That said, i'd be happy to see boob going back to being the dc devers resource, it use to be that, sadly its got out of date due to no updates.

Ian_micheal
October 9th, 2004, 06:55
Having a lot of trouble seting up the new kos versions really is limting as project i want to do needs it or i cant even start. there is a pre compiled chain but ive tryed for quiet a while now and i cant get it to work.. A site with precompiled working tool chains and info on how to set them up would be great including all the source code to every released project so every one can add some thing like a CVS update. So every one as a whole could work on every project and get them finshed. Sort of united front of dc Right now im stuck with out dated system which i cant compile the later releases any more like ST emu or amiga few people that have out dated systems we cant be of any help.

Darksaviour69
October 11th, 2004, 08:15
cyrus and the gypsy dont want the site redesigned... i asked them before if the wanted a snazzy site but they said no, the sites designed for quickloading and small file size... but you can ask still. your other ideas wouldn't hurt though.

i meant resign content wise, there is no need for boob.co.uk to host emus and games anymore, just for tech stuff.

what kind of things would u guys like to see on the site?

LyonHrt
October 11th, 2004, 17:29
on boob?
Well there was a time i went there for dev stuff, and for jule's guides, so as much related dcdev stuff as possible, tools, game engines, documents.

pboese
October 11th, 2004, 20:36
A coder centric place is certainly needed. Reading KOS source is informative, but not always an easy read. I think Dan Potter suggested something like this on his CA site forums once or twice.

I've been collecting tidbits here and there since 2001 and still don't have a complete collection of articles and examples that I can say really encompass all DC homebrew knowledge; In Practice maybe, but a lot of know-how is buried in code.

The DC toolchain has never been a major problem for me since I use linux for any DC tinkering. I've tried Cygwin, but never had any luck building a toolchain under it. I think I D/L'd the precompiled toolchain for Cycwin off of BlackAura's site. The last time I tried to get the toolchain building instructions off of Hanger Eleven I couldn't. It looks like the site is unavailable - on purpose - I wonder if the German government cracked down on the site. Anyone know? Or maybe the site doesn't work with Mozilla ;)

Just my two cents...

GPF
October 11th, 2004, 21:09
http://www.gungans.de/h11/ works for me, could be the site doesn't work with Mozilla, but I don't use it so dont know.

Troy

pboese
October 11th, 2004, 21:50
Thanks. That link works great. Thorsten must have done a little site rearrangement since I last visited.

Darksaviour69
October 12th, 2004, 05:19
http://gamedev.allusion.net/dckb/
this is a site dan made, but very little people have used it, or know about it.
its a great idea anybody can submit into to it.
btw it i thought boob would be a good place for a dcdev site, but having one anywhere is the most inmportant thing i think.