PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Returns

wraggster
May 21st, 2011, 23:37
Hi All, im sure those of you who visit us often will have realised that the site was hacked by 2 different hacker/script kiddie groups and then with the damage they did we had to redirect to a site on the same server which wasnt under attack.

Martin was very busy the last few weeks and although he wasnt checking the sites visually the server side of things was working fine, he was gobsmacked when finally i let him know of the hacking.

In all we have lost 2 days posts and if you count the last 2 weeks then yes 2 weeks in all.

All of those posts can be found at Gaming & Gadgets.Com (http://gamingandgadgets.com/) i have no time to repost them all at DCEmu, but from now on we will be back to normal.

The big downside is that the server hacking did massive damage to our google rankings and google searchs, whether it all comes back now the site is back is unclear.

The forum has now been upgraded to the latest version which should stop any future hacks, but no site is 100% hack proof, just ask Sony.

Im deeply sorry for all of this, it has done harm to the site, i am going to use our email system to let everyone know we are back online. So please dont think we are spamming you.

Time for me to catch up with the updating of the site, if anyone notices anything funny, or bugs please reply to this thread for our attention.

Qmark
May 21st, 2011, 23:51
Hooray!

Kaiser
May 21st, 2011, 23:52
Cheers

Shrygue
May 22nd, 2011, 09:14
Finally we are back in business, props to Martin for getting our site up again!

Martin
May 22nd, 2011, 11:25
Yay! :)

sehs33
May 22nd, 2011, 14:07
I am sharing DCEmu on my FB, time to get some of my friends to DCemu...

JLF65
May 22nd, 2011, 20:42
I'm glad to see dcemu back... I've missed it. :)

mattwo
May 23rd, 2011, 01:43
I just came back to say that if you're worried about that google stuff you should let them know.

Then again that may be a bad idea considering the content of this website...

ErikPshat
May 23rd, 2011, 06:17
Yahoo!

Xtreme2damax
May 26th, 2011, 22:00
It appears these idiots hacked the forum again yesterday? Both Emutalk and DCemu were down until today, both sites wouldn't resolve. Are they getting in through a Vb exploit, I take it the exploit hasn't been patched yet if they got back in or they left a backdoor somewhere. >_<

Hope everything gets sorted eventually and gets fixed.

robbbert
May 29th, 2011, 11:52
I see only 6 members logged in, a far cry from the hundreds of yesteryear. But, at least you're still here..

LBGSHI
June 3rd, 2011, 16:48
It appears these idiots hacked the forum again yesterday? Both Emutalk and DCemu were down until today, both sites wouldn't resolve. Are they getting in through a Vb exploit, I take it the exploit hasn't been patched yet if they got back in or they left a backdoor somewhere. >_<

Hope everything gets sorted eventually and gets fixed.

I would imagine something occurred, as most of the posts in this thread are now gone. For example, I made the following comment:

Glad to see you're back. I've made a comment on the GameHacking.org (http://GameHacking.org) front page, with a link. May the search engines be kind :)

If you search in Google for "site:dcemu.co.uk gamehacking.org" (without the quotation marks), Google will find this page, and the cached version contains my post and others that are now absent, but the thread is obviously missing them. I guess we lost some data.

Martin
June 3rd, 2011, 23:17
Yeah we lost a couple of days of data I'm afraid.

Xtreme2damax
June 7th, 2011, 17:08
I would imagine something occurred, as most of the posts in this thread are now gone. For example, I made the following comment:

If you search in Google for "site:dcemu.co.uk gamehacking.org" (without the quotation marks), Google will find this page, and the cached version contains my post and others that are now absent, but the thread is obviously missing them. I guess we lost some data.

Yeah probably the backup was from right before the thread was posted. My PM to Martin is still in my inbox, I sent that the same day or the day before the site got hacked.

Was the thread posted on the day DCemu was hacked or was it sooner?