PDA

View Full Version : Tetris for 2.0-2.8!

PlagueMusic
September 13th, 2006, 04:19
Ditlew and Fanjita have released a new world to 2.7-2.8 homebrew!

Well, here it is, the first non-flash homebrew game for v2.70-v2.80. It's that old favourite, Tetris! This Tetris was built with our other new announcement of today - a mini-SDK for programming simple homebrew on 2.0 - 2.80. Which means that the door is open for more simple homebrew applications to be written for 2.70-2.80. his game will also work on all firmwares from 2.0-2.80 firmwares, although 2.80 gets the most benefit out of this game as it is the "trickest" firmware that we have exploited. This single piece of homebrew is the simple game of Tetris and is made possible by the recent libtiff vulnerability that has been exploited. With previous exploits, Tetris games have been used to demonstrate the exploit, and this one is no exception.

http://files.fanjita.org/images/tetris_scrn.png

Download and Give Feedback via Comments
Via Noobz (Noobz.eu)

JKKDARK
September 13th, 2006, 04:37
looks great, I will download it.

razorak
September 13th, 2006, 04:42
there're 2 threads on this topic...lol :D

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 06:00
Great debut to 2.8 homebrew! :)

Nafogel
September 13th, 2006, 06:06
this is great.
<To Sony: Why don't you just give it up? With every new firmware release there has been or will be a new exploit. How does it feel that coders working for FREE have outdone your own coding staff?>
^^^Ok, maybe I went a little overboard there, but it seems like sony is almost not even really trying to prevent homebrew...

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 06:08
<To Sony: Why don't you just give it up? With every new firmware release there has been or will be a new exploit.
1.51 and 1.52 haven't been ACTUALLY cracked.... :rolleyes:

Nafogel
September 13th, 2006, 06:14
not yet, lol, they did just recently come out with a downgrader for 2.01, which came out AFTER the 2.71 downgrader. but doesnt it seem kinda strange how the newer firmwares have been hacked or at least decrypted so quickly, when it seemed like we waited forever for a 2.5/2.6 exploit?

Fanjita
September 13th, 2006, 13:00
not yet, lol, they did just recently come out with a downgrader for 2.01, which came out AFTER the 2.71 downgrader. but doesnt it seem kinda strange how the newer firmwares have been hacked or at least decrypted so quickly, when it seemed like we waited forever for a 2.5/2.6 exploit?

It's just that our tools and knowledge are improving over time. Sony had a head start, and will always have an advantage, because they have the source code.

Incidentally, they really ARE trying to stop homebrew. With every new firmware release, they introduce ever-more effective countermeasures.

Darksaviour69
September 13th, 2006, 13:54
ncidentally, they really ARE trying to stop homebrew.

Could they be just trying to stop piracy, and stopping homebrew is just a side effect?

PlagueMusic
September 14th, 2006, 03:21
this thread was started like 5 min after this was posted on noobz.eu :D

so I WIN!

Video_freak
September 14th, 2006, 03:22

so I WIN!
LOL! :)

Fanjita
September 14th, 2006, 11:05

so I WIN!

I think I win the prize for first post about it.... ;)

razorak
September 14th, 2006, 11:34
I think I win the prize for first post about it....

yeap...you certainly do...lol :D

PlagueMusic
September 29th, 2006, 00:29
I think I win the prize for first post about it.... ;)

you win a prize for being leet here is a shiny trophy!

(+ [ ] ::)
----( )----
----| |----
___----___

i expect to see it above your bed